Hacking Which micro-SD memory card to buy

Gute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since it seems impossible to get hold of a 1 Gb Sandisk Ultra II in sweden and i'm tired of waiting (got my M3 Lite 1 month ago and i've never used it :-( ) i need help to pick some other memory card.

There isnt a too big range of cards here in Sweden and i'm coming down to these cards:
* Kingston microsd 1 gb
* Sandisk microsd 1 gb
* Sandisk microsd 2 gb

My first question is: Will I need a 2 gb card? I dont use my NDS every day (mostly when i travel) since i study alot.

According to the compatibility list on M3wiki.com the kingston gets the best score on the Castelvania test when i rund FAT32. If i'm going with the Sandisks i'll have to run FAT16 to get the best compatibility. How much will i have to care about this? I want to be able to run all games...

According to komplett.se (swedish computer dealer) the Kingston has a read/write of 8,8/6,5 MB/s. I read somewhere that the sandisk has a read/write of 10/9 MB/s. Is this true? Is it only in the ultra II? Does it make a difference?

Help!

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
To answer your questions..

2GB Card? My 1GB card is plenty and I like to have alot of DS AND GBA games on at a time. I think 1GB would be enough for most people.

If you can find Kingston and theyre cheaper than the Sandisk (usually the case) then go for Kingston. Thats what my fiancee has and it runs as smooth as silk. The differences between the big K and Sandisk are very small but the price is usually the kicker.

And as far as the R/W speeds. Remember, this is just a DS flash cart adapter, not an SLR digital camera. High Speed is practically useless in comparison to the standard Sandisk and Kingston cards. =)

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy having a Sandisk microsd 2 gb. It holds plenty of content downloaded from my TiVo that can be watched at a later time (like "Master of the Flying Guillotine and such). It also holds all of my games without me having to think too much about "will I have enough space for this?". You see, I purchased a flash cart of variety - and with a large micro SD, I can have that variety.

what di you purchase your flashcart for? knowing the answer to that, will also give you a clear answer to your current question.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, exactly. My situation, I use my M3 JUST for DS/GBA roms, so 1GB is plenty. If you use it for movies and such like id242, or for e-books, mp3's and such on TOP of games, then 2GB would be in order.

It always depends on what your needs are in order to get an answer to questions like this and "which is better, m3 vs g6 vs sc"

=D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up