Hardware Which Micro SD Card for a hacked Switch?

Om3Ga1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As the title says, i need a SD card for a hacked Switch.

What is the recommended size and is there anything else i should be aware of when buying a SD card?
I want it to be reliable & not slow.

Thanks

Danster75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I prefer the Samsung EVO's; not that expensive and fast speeds; about 90MBps read and write on the larger capactities.
I recommend at least 256GB seeing as that holds a fair amount of games; it's only about 45 euro's here in Europe.
A 512GB one is also pretty affordable at about 85 euro's.

Be wary of imitation microsdcards though; as a rule of thumb: if it's a lot cheaper then priced by regular dealers, it's most likely fake.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I've used various SD cards (no-brand, Toshiba, Samsung) but never noticed much speed differences although all the cards have different specs. A decent brand class-10 card should be fine.

About the size : the bigger the better.
With a 64GB you run out of space quickly with some of those big games like Pokemon (9GB) or SmashBros (+15GB).
Also if you use your Switch as a videoplayer (with PPLay) then you will also need some more space.

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

dotmehdi

Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
If you're planning to use emuNAND on your Switch, faster is better. If you're sysNAND-only, then 75/80mbs+ is enough :)
Like Danster75, I'm using a 512Gb Samsung EVO (bought on the french version of Pepper for 60€ !! So proud of that deal lol) and it's working pretty well !
Don't forget to format it on FAT32.

Reactions: swutch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill