Hacking which loader to use?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, so I've just hacked up my wii using modmii, and i've got a lot of homebrew and wiiware/virtual console games, but I now want to run wii and gamecube backups

I've done some research and found that the two best loaders are configurable usb loader and wiiflow, I'm going to be running my games off of an sd card until I get a usb hdd (and recommendations on what i should get?)

I'm thinking about going with wiiflow as it appears to have better documentation and seems to be fairly popular

I can't finish downloading a game today, so I'll come back tomorrow after having tried using Wiiflow and report my success (or failure)

well i guess i kind of answered my own question, but i would still like input on everything i've done and what you think I should do, and a recommendation for a good harddrive (i'm thinking of partitioning it ntfs/fat32 so I can store my media in ntfs and my games etc. in fat32)

Edit: I see in the documentation that I have to place the games in specific order
QUOTE said:
WiiFlow supports the following File Formats and Game Locations on SD or USB:

usb:/wbfs/GAMEID.wbfs
usb:/wbfs/GAMEID_Game title.wbfs
usb:/wbfs/Game title [GAMEID].wbfs
usb:/wbfs/GAMEID/GAMEID.wbfs
usb:/wbfs/GAMEID_Game title/GAMEID.wbfs
usb:/wbfs/Game title [GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs

so is the GAMEID just the release #? also, does wiiflow support gamecube games? i'm starting to wonder

and I see in the completesoftmodguide
QUOTEOk, if you have your files on USB device, you're done. But if you have them on SD card, we need one more thing to do:

1) Go to the SD card and open the Wiiflow folder (or create on if it isn't there)

2) Open notepad and add this text:

[GENERAL]
data_on_usb=no

Then save the file to the Wiiflow folder and rename it to Wiiflow.ini

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again