Which GBA SP?

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Okay, now that I've decided I'm getting a GBA SP i need to know which one i should, i found in eBay lots of used GBA SP AGS 101 for around 70$ with shipping, at Ali Xpress clone for 30$ with integrated game but may not work well with multi player, may not be back light and with GBC and GB games (Its not really a important thing for the backwards capability but it would be nice) and also the K1 GBA which from what i understood the best GBA SP clone, it comes new, with a flashcart and also works with multi player and GBC and GB games but 70$ with shipping (free shipping) i think that paying 70$ for a clone or a console that is kind of old is kind of exaggerated (It's used, not in shape of a collective one)
I have of budget of 50$ but i can add some if needed.
Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously the backlit GBA-SP (the AGS-101) is the most desirable for many people but the frontlit ones were not so bad.
Clone wise most were odd emulation but still close to the hardware affairs until the K1 stuff which were good but not spectacular. I do have to mention the K1 did not play GB/GBC as in you could stick a cart into it but via emulation using its "flash cart".

"paying 70$ for a clone or a console that is kind of old is kind of exaggerated"
I dare say that is not quite how the electronics world works, similarly as someone declared "retro gaming" to be a thing we all get to pay a premium.

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I found 3 things that interest me. Which one do you think will be the more fun?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Memo...p3-game-console-many-countries/554847452.html (I know this is a cheap Chinese MP4 with a camera and a GBA emulator but it seems nice and like an up from the other but is maybe also a crap product)
Or
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Portable-game-console-for-nintendo-gba-console/1261964620.html (Like the design also seems fun but the light can be an issue, still didn't decide)
Or
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-O...onsole-for-GBA-SP-Blue-Silver/1323674413.html (Seems like front light version, still looking for a back light)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm alibaba has some interesting stuff on it today.

The first. Looks like a typical Chinese mobile phone board/OS repurposed, I doubt it is anything like android or Dingux but I am prepared to be wrong on the latter count. I had a quick look around youtube and it seems the megadrive/genesis stuff had a nice bit of slowdown, most of the rest of the reviews I saw are lists of every reason why people should dislike youtube reviews. After this we would probably have to discuss the controls and though it looked far better than most junk like this I would have to play it to call it.

The next looks like an original GBA. Looks reasonable.

The last looks like a frontlit SP. That said the Nintendo logo on the back was blanked out which makes me think either shells were found and sold on or this is grey market stuff (someone found a batch of boards and shells that did not quite make it or got their friend in another factory to do another run).

Also both of the latter appear to be Japanese models rather than iQue stuff that China has but at this point in life who knows what someone found in a warehouse somewhere.

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I appreciate your time writing such detailed answers. So basically from what i understood from what you wrote is that the first one is just complete junk, the GBA seems okey. About the GBA SP i didn't really understand what you meant.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your time writing such detailed answers. So basically from what i understood from what you wrote is that the first one is just complete junk, the GBA seems okey. About the GBA SP i didn't really understand what you meant.

The back lit GBA SP (AGS-101) wasn't released in Japan.

It's easier to find in USA than Europe.

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Was sent yesterday (they've had holidays) so will be here within the next weeks (I hope), so cheap, i wonder what it is :wacko:

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i got it yesterday, it's those basic cheapy crappy emulations electronics with 888888 games (which 50 are GBA) in a GBA SP AGS 001 housing.
I regret it so bad buying it, 30 mins battery life, games compared to today's games are crap (no offence to retro/nostalgia and etc gamers) and that was my fault since i knew i wouldn't like the games or enjoy em but i bought it anyways.
at the bottom line, i regret buying it and i might sell it (i'm going to alert the buyer it is fake) and maybe get a used PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!