Hack or no games
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ! I search an AR for GB/GBC/GBA games with this features :

-Cheat (bruh)
-Save Dump and Restore (the most important)
-Way to add cheat

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is no single product that does all that...

GB/C cheats: Action Replay and Gameshark (same thing, different names) patch RAM, Game Genie patches ROM - some codes are exclusive to one type but Gameshark is by far the most popular

GB/C save backups: Mega Memory Card if you don't need to actually copy the files to a computer, a flashcard programmer (GBT, GB X-changer, etc if you do)
Some do it yourself options with Arduino Mega
This is expensive but does GBA too: https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/reader-writer-gen2

GBA cheats: again there are 2 major designs each sold under 2 names: Gameshark/Action Replay vs Codebreaker/Xploder, popularity and functions roughly equal this time with a slight advantage of Gameshark

GBA saves: The above programmer, or a DS/Lite with a slot-1 flashcard and Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool

Reactions: Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no single product that does all that...

GB/C cheats: Action Replay and Gameshark (same thing, different names) patch RAM, Game Genie patches ROM - some codes are exclusive to one type but Gameshark is by far the most popular

GB/C save backups: Mega Memory Card if you don't need to actually copy the files to a computer, a flashcard programmer (GBT, GB X-changer, etc if you do)
Some do it yourself options with Arduino Mega
This is expensive but does GBA too: https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/reader-writer-gen2

GBA cheats: again there are 2 major designs each sold under 2 names: Gameshark/Action Replay vs Codebreaker/Xploder, popularity and functions roughly equal this time with a slight advantage of Gameshark

GBA saves: The above programmer, or a DS/Lite with a slot-1 flashcard and Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool

Okay I want above all save backup and restore and can put the save on my computer
Can I do it with that ? (your link)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came across this when trying to google for answers.

I am a clown that made the mistake of assuming GB/GBC games would work on a DSLite with it been able to play GBA games and that a GBA can play GB/C games.

To then find it cant, all because the GBA has a slight indented line on both edges of the game cart where the GB/C doesn't so they wont insert and yea likely the DSLite not having the emulator to play them.

I also bought an Xploder GBA cheat cartridge in the hope to cheat on Pokémon games, which turns out this time Xploder do not support all cheat devices as they normally would on other systems and when it comes to finding Pokémon cheat codes, its nigh impossible and doesn't work on DSLite.

So, I have shelled out absolutely loads of money for my autistic son who suffers really badly with it and now as he is getting older things are getting harder for him then there is me with my problems from cancer finding it hard to calm him when he has his struggles.

We have managed to find what I hope to be a calming solution after a long conversation with him to try understand his feelings and how to help him manage difficult situations when he has no control that leads to explosions, but I tried introducing him to Pokémon which I used to like when I was younger.

He seems now fixated, very knowledgeable already and is glued to learning everything about Pokémon so seems good now that he has something that seems to distract his mind and he is focused on researching up all information about Pokémon and like a sponge he has soaked up and knows so much already.

I then hunted down EVERY SINGLE POKEMON GAME which has been very expensive, starting from the GB/C,GBA,DS. He now owns them all.

When it comes to the GB/C I now learned the mistake so need to invest in either a GBA or GB/C, if I buy a GBA (might invest in the backlight modded consoles) I will have same issue in terms to the Xploder Pokémon cheats, but will for example an Action Replay for the GB/C work on a GBA playing GB/C games.

Or do I need to also buy a GB/C to then buy an Action Replay Pro cheat cartridge to use Pokémon cheat codes for the GB/C versions.

This seems to becoming one very very expensive task to help my son, but it is worth it, Yes, I have tried using emulation devices like my PSV with a pre-build of Retro Arch installed with all the GB/C Pokémon games or even my mobile, but in his mind he already knows about ROMS etc (not that I have told him) and refuses to play such things because he must have read that they're "illegal" and in his mind, he cant touch them, he will get arrested just using them and nothing I can do or say will change it.

He is also like he has to physically be able to hold the game, looks and feels the game cartridges and inspects them and has to personally put the game into his console and see what he is playing.

That's why I cant get him to use emulation devices and has to physically own the game cartridges.

But I want to try teach him a little what I know about code finding before I lose memory of what I used to know (which is already starting - why I'm no longer seen posting Nintendo Switch cheats) and think with his autism, and thirst of knowledge, maybe if I start him with the basics (he is 9) maybe he may become what I could never achieve.

So maybe all that aside, will GB/C cheat devices work on a GBA when playing GB/C games (I know GBA games).

I also need to look at emulation myself in order to find GBA Xploder cheats for Pokémon games which finding addresses etc isn't really a problem, its getting them to work on an Xploder and Master Codes for the Xploder.... its getting difficult for me to learn while I am currently forgetting what I previously would already know.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To then find it cant, all because the GBA has a slight indented line on both edges of the game cart where the GB/C doesn't so they wont insert and yea likely the DSLite not having the emulator to play them.
There is more than one GB/C emulator on the DS - but yeah, I get what you really meant and it won't work, because apart from the tabs (that can be removed) the DS doesn't have the 5 V logic required for GB/C cards

will GB/C cheat devices work on a GBA when playing GB/C games
Electrically they will work fine, but "long" cards on a GBA are already not ideal (easy to knock out while running), I suspect after adding these "extensions" it will be much worse... and at least some may not fit because of their design (one Action Replay was redesigned to fit better on the then new GBC)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo