Gaming Which Games I Can Play?

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I bought this laptop and I want to know which games it could play. Will it be powerful enough to run Street Fighter X Tekken, Battlefield 3? I know its not the most powerful or the latest tech jsut that I didn't have too much money. It was worth? or there are better laptops for the same price? Thanks.

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as gaming goes, it's actually not bad. It's got a respectable graphics card (for laptops) and that's often the killer factor. You should be able to run any game out there (how well they run or how high the settings can be cranked until lag depends on the game).
Thanks man! Also it says it can be upgraded I didn't know you can upgrade a laptop o.0. If I open it will it lost the warranty? Sorry for this questions always been a desktop user.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm running an AMD Ahtlon 64 x2, with a Radeon r6670. (I think that's what it is, too lazy to check)... and I can run most, if not all current games on Mid to High with minimal lag.

Haven't tried Battlefield... but your laptop should run EVERYTHING just fine.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
As far as gaming goes, it's actually not bad. It's got a respectable graphics card (for laptops) and that's often the killer factor. You should be able to run any game out there (how well they run or how high the settings can be cranked until lag depends on the game).
Thanks man! Also it says it can be upgraded I didn't know you can upgrade a laptop o.0. If I open it will it lost the warranty? Sorry for this questions always been a desktop user.
Wait, where does it say that?

try a wii emulator
Of course I will!
Also the PS2 one. I have seen videos of it running the games on HD and look better than the HD Collections on PS3.
Emulation doesn't have the same requirements as normal gaming. For emulation the CPU is the important bit (not the GPU), and yours is sort of weak.

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

try a wii emulator
Of course I will!
Also the PS2 one. I have seen videos of it running the games on HD and look better than the HD Collections on PS3.
Emulation doesn't have the same requirements as normal gaming. For emulation the CPU is the important bit (not the GPU), and yours is sort of weak.
Oh didn't know that. Thanks! well at least I can play recent games at least on low settings right?

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

try a wii emulator
Of course I will!

Here

"
Video Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6750M switchable graphics with 1024MB GDDR5 and up to 4085 total graphics memory"

also the RAM can be upgraded to 8GBs

Or I'm completely wrong?

EDIT

Thanks Mchief298

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that means that it's got both a graphics card for gaming and an integrated one (weak, low-power, not for gaming), and it can switch between using them as needed (gaming card for gaming, non-gaming card to save power when not gaming).

The "Up to X RAM" is about the non-gaming card leeching system RAM, it has nothing to do with upgrading the graphics card (it's actually a bad sign, showing that the non-gaming card is weak, but in this case it doesn't matter).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That Pentium M processor thing is kinda the only bad thing about it. Especially with cheap laptops these days all have an i5 or i7. Other than that it looks like a decent laptop.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not a Pentium M, actually. I went by the short spec list, but it's wrong (it's not even an Intel processor). I assumed they were re-using the "Pentium M" brand like they re-used "pentium" for Core 2 models with cut back cache, but this has an AMD A8-3500M, which seems to rank a bit below a comparably-clocked Core 2 Quad (so the mobile Core i5 series is about 25-30% more powerful at the lower clock rates).

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a Pentium M, actually. I went by the short spec list, but it's wrong (it's not even an Intel processor). I assumed they were re-using the "Pentium M" brand like they re-used "pentium" for Core 2 models with cut back cache, but this has an AMD A8-3500M, which seems to rank a bit below a comparably-clocked Core 2 Quad (so the mobile Core i5 series is about 25-30% more powerful at the lower clock rates).
Oh so the CPU is a crap. Is there a way to upgrade it? Or it can't get upgraded? Thanks

EDIT

Should I return it and get another Laptop? Any other suggestion? I like big screens.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a AMD APU and it runs incredible for the price. Emulation is poor, however for gaming it's awesome. No overheating, runs great with all games!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8