Gaming Which games are held like a book?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm wondering which DS games are held like a book because I really like that and would like to try more of them(is there a complete list somewhere?).

The ones I know of (not counting all those Brain Trainings and Academies/Ages) are:

Hotel Dusk
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
plus some Japanese games like Nanashi no Game or visual novels like the Tennis Prince, Love plus etc.

I'm interested only in games which are in English (or translated/patched), does anyone have any more tips? Thanks!
smile.gif

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
An obvious one which has not been mentioned is Brain Training - but I guess it doesn't even need a mention?

I have played some others, but I cannot think of them right now, but I will try.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
kicknhorse said:
An obvious one which has not been mentioned is Brain Training - but I guess it doesn't even need a mention?

I have played some others, but I cannot think of them right now, but I will try.Actually it has already been mentioned - in the first post
laugh.gif
QUOTE(Fel @ Mar 5 2010, 10:01 AM) The ones I know of (not counting all those Brain Trainings and Academies/Ages)

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
kicknhorse said:

I have played some others, but I cannot think of them right now, but I will try.Actually it has already been mentioned - in the first post
laugh.gif
QUOTE(Fel @ Mar 5 2010, 10:01 AM) The ones I know of (not counting all those Brain Trainings and Academies/Ages)

Oh of course ok. I did check that, but I guess I missed it. Thank you.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wabsta said:
There also was a pretty good homebrew held like that.. Can't remember the name tho.. Wolf-something?
Oh yeah, the Lone Wolf series! I tried the second one on PC emulator, but couldn't get past the first few screens, I tapped and tapped and nothing happened. I'll try to find the first gamebook and give it a try.
smile.gif

Thanks for the other tips too, but it looks like no "real" games (meaning rpgs, action g. or even visual novels) have been released besides Ninja Gaiden, Hotel Dusk and perhaps counting Rhythm Heaven as well. Games like word puzzles, various kinds of tetris, girlish games and so forth just don't spark my interest
dry.gif
(although I'll check out the Girl's Diary, or whatever it's called, even if it won't be held like a book it has a full voice chat
biggrin.gif
). I'll be hoping that one of the visual novels gets translated and then I'll finally try out yet another "held like a book" DS game!
yay.gif

EDIT: Quantum of Solace? That sounds good, but I don't like the graphics too much and style of play. But if nothing's better on. .
smile.gif

Say, do you think we should go and try to do a full list which would get stickied, so that people won't have to search hard?

Rhygar666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Lone Wolf Books, i, you can find them on Projekt Aon(Books- Tools...don't know if linking is allowed). I liked them, but only the first two books are made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-