Gaming Which game will secure your purchase?

What will secure a purchase from you

• New Mario

Votes: 76 40.6%
  • Breath of the wild

Votes: 85 45.5%
  • New 2d zelda like A link between worlds

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Skyrim

Votes: 36 19.3%
  • Cod and other bro games

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Smash/ Mario Kart

Votes: 65 34.8%
  • Pokemon gen 4 remake

Votes: 44 23.5%
  • Party games

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Some third party AAA

Votes: 43 23.0%
  • New Metroid

Votes: 67 35.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know any one game will do it single-handedly, but there are a number of games that could influence my decision. I think my biggest influences on the poll would be another Super Smash Bros. or a legitimately good Metroid game. But even above those I would say a new Animal Crossing game would really tempt me. (Of course it has to be a "true" AC; Amiibo Festival and Happy Home Designer, for example, do not satisfy this requirement.)

P.S. I know it's too late now, but why the heck is Smash and Mario Kart listed as one item in the poll? lol

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
No single game released on the platform can make me desperate enough to buy the Switch, let alone buy the hardware within a year of release.

But then I'm never an early adopter and personally don't care for Nintendo's hybrid home/portable compromised approach to hardware. Though I acknowledge that this is exactly what they need to separate themselves from their competition (ie. tablets and phones and maybe Vita). I just get no buzz from the so-called portability of the device. It's like the modern Atari Lynx. Plus I still have long-term reliability concerns of any portable requiring vents like that. Heat means early death.

These might make me buy.
* 200 Australian dollar price
* Switch Slim & Lite (ie. a complete refresh of hardware)
* any really good value games bundle at $250 AUD or less, preferably with great replayability and great local multiplayer
* significantly cheaper games than the competition

The magical $200 AUD hardware price-point convinced me to eventually get the Vita and 3DS when they were discounted. I didn't touch them before they discounted them properly. By this time, they had some decent games available too. But my main concern is a proper, more refined hardware revision. The custom chip inside the Switch might surprise me, and maybe the games will too...but just looking at what we have seen of the Switch doesn't excite me.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure why Pokemon option is so specific, I don't care about Gen 4 remake, but I would buy for any pokemon adventure game, not some arena BS.

Daisy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Breath of the Wild will make it a day 1 purchase for me. Unfortunately recent rumours have been saying that BOTW won't release with the Switch, which, if true, is a huge cock up by Nintendo.

Other things I'd be interested in are the Diamond/Pearl remakes, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, and maybe another top-down styled Zelda (I really enjoyed LBW). Things like Mario Kart or Smash aren't such a huge interest for me, but I'd probably get them eventually. If the new Splatoon is indeed a port, I'll still purchase it, I love Splatoon. Skyward Sword port would be nice, too, if they got rid of the awful motion controls.

If it gets third party support, Kingdom Hearts III would completely seal the deal for me, but I have no hopes for that. Would be nice, though, so I won't have to get a PS4.

As for VC, I'd love GC games like Wind Waker (if it doesn't get a port again), as well as GBA VC, which may actually be useful considering the console is portable.

Last edited by Daisy,

vladik4kides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine will be Just Dance 2017 (yep its announced to be the launch title for switch). Just interested to see how it works, since there no wii remote or any tracking stuff.

vladik4kides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe the joycons have motion sensors or will use your smartphone.
I doubt that the game will track just smartphone, because then there is no sense in it at all, because there is PC version which uses smartphones, and Wii U which uses both Wii Remote and smartphone.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I should really add this poll to my favorites. I predict that in about a year from now (or even less), most 3rd party developers will have abandoned ship and it's straight back to nintendo pooping out their franchises every other month. Sales will plumet because of that...and this forum will (once again) be filled with people pissed that there are no games. At this point, I should point back at this and note that barely 22% of the voters even cared about 3rd party publishers before the thing was even released.
(I'm also kind of sad that splatoon isn't on this list. It would've made a great indicator to see how much of the audience wants nintendo to truly get behind new game IP's).

As for my own vote...note that I'm not planning on getting one until a price drop (no matter the starting price), so I don't expect them to be ever implemented. But the poll was about what would ensure a sale from me, so...

-GTA VI
-red red redemption 2
-steam integration
-android integration
-(perhaps) nvidia shield shop integration

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breath of the Wild for sure. I have been a fan since the very first Zelda game came out. Yes I'm that old. Since then I have been a collector of all things Zelda, and for that matter just about any and all things video games. I repair electronics for a living, but mostly old game system. Our two dogs are named after the game. Zelda, and Lincoln. Or link for short. I bought the wii u specifically for the new Zelda game they kept promising. I'm really ok with them taking longer than they hoped as long as they are trying to perfect it. I'm going to buy the switch when it first comes out even though BOTW won't release at the same time. I will be especially happy if skyrim is released with it even though I have played the hell out of it. I know there is prolly zero chance of this, but I would love to play Witcher 3 on it. As long as they don't nerf the web browser on it I can see myself using it as a tablet all the time. I'm typing this on my NVidia Shield tablet, and I love this thing. I have a lot of other devices, but I find myself always falling back to this thing.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
not an actual game but if they ever decide to make a Links Awakening remake, combined with Breath of the Wild, that'd be an instant buy for me.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not even buying the switch until they can prove it's not just going to be the same situation as the Wii U. The lack of decent first party games on the Wii U bugged me. No traditional Zelda that's not a remake, and everything else notable besides Mario 3D World and NSMB U came late.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol