Gaming Which game let you down this year??

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what game let u down this year and why ? my game is Pokemon hg/ss was't a big story line and was kinda boring and was to easy d/p/pt was better for some reason. So what is the game that let u down ??

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ringo619 said:
my game is Pokemon hg/ss was't a big story line and was kinda boring and was to easy d/p/pt was better for some reason.

There's not much elaboration you can do on the older storyline. And since when did people care about storylines in goddamn Pokemon? Pokemon storylines plain suck, no one plays Pokemon for a good story. Just saying.

Probably not this year but last year, it was COP: The Recruit. What had a ton of potential just became a horrible game riddled with tons of flaws. Looks like they spent more time making something that looked good in the screenies and info than something that actually played well. Terrible physics, terrible mechanics, repetitive missions, the list goes on.

This year though, probably Infinite Space. I had a lot of high hopes for it but it just was plain boring. It was just obsessive amounts of grinding with boring combat. That's a bad combination.

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Ringo619 said:
my game is Pokemon hg/ss was't a big story line and was kinda boring and was to easy d/p/pt was better for some reason.

There's not much elaboration you can do on the older storyline. And since when did people care about storylines in goddamn Pokemon? Pokemon storylines plain suck, no one plays Pokemon for a good story. Just saying.

Probably not this year but last year, it was COP: The Recruit. What had a ton of potential just became a horrible game riddled with tons of flaws. Looks like they spent more time making something that looked good in the screenies and info than something that actually played well. Terrible physics, terrible mechanics, repetitive missions, the list goes on.

This year though, probably Infinite Space. I had a lot of high hopes for it but it just was plain boring. It was just obsessive amounts of grinding with boring combat. That's a bad combination.

well thats your opinion but i just found the hg/ss boring simple as that and Cop recruit was kinda alright but was't looking forward for it

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mike10003 said:
Easy choice. Scribblenauts.

Wasn't that released last year?

In any case, I could probably also go with Infinite Space as my choice for being let down this year. I still think it's a very rich DS RPG, but it's unnecessarily hampered by novice design choices, the biggest one obviously being the lack of a log. The game's just too big, with too many story strands and choices to not have some way of keeping track of where to go next. If you put the game down for even a day, it's easy to forget what you were doing and where you need to go to pick things back up.

The battles, too, grow a bit stale after just a short while. Don't get me wrong; I think they came up with a cool system, but it's not enough to sustain the game for as many hours as it lasts.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ringo619 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Ringo619 said:

well thats your opinion but i just found the hg/ss boring simple as that and Cop recruit was kinda alright but was't looking forward for it
I play Pokemon games for the storylines...
Same thing with Super Mario Bros. games.

I was let down the most by Shantae: Risky's Revenge...
I realize that it's not out yet, but when it was confirmed for DSiWare only, I was very disappointed.

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sands of Destruction (Wish I had a time machine so I could go back in the past and tell myself not to bother finish playing it!)
smileipb2.png

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
_Chaz_ said:
Ringo619 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Ringo619 said:

I play Pokemon games for the storylines...
Same thing with Super Mario Bros. games.

Lol. So you play a game only to find out that a princess has been kidnapped, a plumber goes out to rescue her, have problems finding the real castle and when he finally gets there, he kicks a mutant turtle's ass, saving the princess and then go home?
tongue.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on the original Xbox (you didn't say it had to be released this year, only played!)

After all the hype about how good it was i was massively disappointed.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
infinite space, hands down.

I know I haven't played it a lot but it just seems like too much trouble and shudder at the thought of selecting to play it lol

I'm better off with suikoden (which I ONLY found out about only a month ago!)

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Classic Collection.
All it is is just horrible ports of old games. They look better when using a homebrew emulator, honestly.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]
Sonic Classic Collection.
All it is is just horrible ports of old games. They look better when using a homebrew emulator, honestly.

but it's sort of slow on them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-