Gaming Which game let you down this year??

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
But regarding Chain of Memories. It was hit or miss. Some people seemed to hate it, however I loved it. I think it was the best KH battle system to date, and one of my favorites in any game ever.
LOL It seems everyone I talked to about it hate it and said it would have been better for me to get KH1 or 2, but since CoM is the only one Gamestop had when I went in, I got it. Besides, the game is awesome. I lost the original GBA cart before I could finish the game, so if I was gonna have to buy another copy anyway then it wouldn't be much different to buy the PS2 version.
tongue.gif

I really do like CoM, more than I do 358/2 days, because the difficulties are settled just right (Instead of where I picked beginner on days and can't defeat what is considered an easy boss... Don't worry, I only picked beginner because I had never played a conventional 3D KH game before, I've since gone Normal. XD), and the battle system is pretty original.
The story may not be long winded and such like the other KH games, but it's the simpleness of the story that gives it the same feel of Castle Oblivion, with its straight, modern lines and its white walls.
I'd give it a 10/10 if there was a rating system in front of my face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic, though.....
The big let down for me was probably... Ummmm.... Dementium 2. I was expecting more, but I wasn't even shocked by the game. Sure, it has improvements over the last one, but seriously... Considering how much I wasn't scared by the first, I was expecting more since the player character was literally an insane guy in an insane asylum. The game's not too hard to figure out what to do, either, which is disappointing. When I first played the game, I was kind of digging the updated graphics and the nice gameplay, but I grew bored of it WAY too easily. Like, on the DS the FPS formula is boring and dull. it's probably the limitations of the graphics or something, but even then..... I find myself wondering why I even bothered. I can't even make myself finish the game, which is sad.
Seriously.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
On topic, though.....
The big let down for me was probably... Ummmm.... Dementium 2. I was expecting more, but I wasn't even shocked by the game. Sure, it has improvements over the last one, but seriously... Considering how much I wasn't scared by the first, I was expecting more since the player character was literally an insane guy in an insane asylum. The game's not too hard to figure out what to do, either, which is disappointing. When I first played the game, I was kind of digging the updated graphics and the nice gameplay, but I grew bored of it WAY too easily. Like, on the DS the FPS formula is boring and dull. it's probably the limitations of the graphics or something, but even then..... I find myself wondering why I even bothered. I can't even make myself finish the game, which is sad.
Seriously.
Dementium as a whole is a let down, but personally I was impressed with the 2nd title.

It had much more environment variety, and I knew more about the protagonists in the 1st few minutes of Dementium II than the entire Dementium Ward. And the graphics and controls were tweaked/updated. As far as sequels go, its perfect, in the sense that everything from the 1st was improved upon for the next game, but as far as a "game" is concerned, its everything you say. "Meh" and "disappointing"

My biggest complaint was the ending. After the final boss, you're treated to a 5 second clip of the boss dyeing and then its roll credits. Just like in the end of Dementium Ward, you beat the boss and you get a 5 second clip and roll credits. Its a very, very, very weak story-driven FPS.

Then again Metroid Hunters had a weak story too.

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds like a great game.

I'd play that for hours.

Except that they don't say anything...sigh...if Mario could only talk better than(I'm now talking about his Mario&Luigi BIS voice)
wazaablaraaraawzaaraawmaaraaraablaaraaraafraablazara or something >.>

But the biggest letdown for me this year has to be Infinite Space. I got hyped by the trailers, I got hyped by previews.
I got hyped by other people getting hyped. And when I bought it(OMG! I bought it >.

tenkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phantasy star zero
reason:it got boring quick and the force was the best class both at attacking (its based on there magic points) and magic. level design was also pretty bad and no multiplayer in the 100 floor tower which is super LONG!! i was so hyped for this because i loved the phantasy star online 1 and 2.

tenkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh also forgot super mario galaxy 2
reason:really overated,to me it deserved a 6.0,boring gameplay,the levels were literally copys and who in there right mind would make you collect another round of green stars that you have to find.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
SMT:SJ. I was really looking forward to it but,the totality of game really sucked.The gameplay can be really boring and the random encounters are not so random,though the demon selection is kinda good,but it really doesn't appeal like its predecessor.
hate2.gif

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
killeryunran said:
Sounds like a great game.

I'd play that for hours.

Except that they don't say anything...sigh...if Mario could only talk better than(I'm now talking about his Mario&Luigi BIS voice)
wazaablaraaraawzaaraawmaaraaraablaaraaraafraablazara or something >.>

But the biggest letdown for me this year has to be Infinite Space. I got hyped by the trailers, I got hyped by previews.
I got hyped by other people getting hyped. And when I bought it(OMG! I bought it >.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
backbreaker - really hoping for a good sequal to fix the mistakes and challenge madden, since madden needs competition to improve

most of all though MASS EFFECT 2 LET ME DOWN. I know to some that blasphemy it's all ready a contender for game of the year but really WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RPG ELEMENTS. It just took the gameplay and improved which is a plus but what happened to all the customization and well TONS OF WEAPONS AND ARMOUR. It just only had about 2-3 weapons for each and no mods [which I had lot's of fun with in the first game] It made the game stale, it seemed to be trying to be a more sophisticated gears of war.
Story was O.K. but no where near to the first [though it's no Star Wars
tongue.gif
]. Sidenote where's the mako I thought they were going to improve it [I don't count short free dlc tank thing]

whoops just realized that this was the NDS forums whoops but I'll leave this here
tongue.gif

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmm, Games that let me down...

Infinite Space: The gameplay gets boring after a while and that's a huge letdown when there's a long story. And you can forget what you were supposed to do quite easy.

Ragnarok DS: I think the graphics are really bad. The story doesn't really get to me, I just can't get into it. Also a huge letdown was the online play...

Sonic Classic Collection: I was quite hyped for this one, but when it came out it went to the end of my to play list quite fast. The differences between SCC and the orginal are almost non existent.

---

Sands of Destruction: This was one of the games that hyper me the most. But it wasn't quite what I expected, I do think it's a good game, but the gameplay was quite bad. After you can chain attacks you (almost) won't use anything else). The story was quite good, expected a bit more of it (it can get boring after a while). They could've done a lot more with it. The reason why I took this one apart is because as I mentioned before, it isn't a bad game. But it wasn't what I hoped either.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mangaTom said:
SMT:SJ. I was really looking forward to it but,the totality of game really sucked.The gameplay can be really boring and the random encounters are not so random,though the demon selection is kinda good,but it really doesn't appeal like its predecessor.
hate2.gif
Doesn't appeal like it's predecessor? I'm assuming the "predecessor" you're talking about Devil Surviver or Persona games, which are spin-offs of the main series. Sure, they're fun in their own way, but most SMT fans prefer SJ and the older games (Especially Nocturne. DDS seems to have mixed opinions).
I'm still buying P3P though.
As for the gameplay, I don't see what was wrong with SJ. Sure, it's simplistic, but I found it much more fun than say... A battle from FF4 remake. Fast, challenging, and lots of options.

Strange Journey brought the SMT game back to it's roots. Dungeon crawlers in first person perspective. If you expected anything like the Devil survivor, you're in for some serious disappointment obviously. I for one is enjoying it extremely, and is glad that I supported Atlus when I purchased a retail copy. I expected a good game, but got a great game.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenkai said:
phantasy star zero
reason:it got boring quick and the force was the best class both at attacking (its based on there magic points) and magic. level design was also pretty bad and no multiplayer in the 100 floor tower which is super LONG!! i was so hyped for this because i loved the phantasy star online 1 and 2.

force was not the best class at attacking, cast-hunters are. they do have some very powerful weapon based photon arts which are special attacks that use photon points. but straight weapon attack damage, cast-hunters are significantly more powerful. they also have some powerful photon arts.

there's definitely some drawbacks though - not enough maps, not enough quests, not enough weapons in the 40-60 range for all classes.. (starting out in Lv60+ Super Hard Mode with a level 42 weapon was nasty, and the only way to avoid that is to have someone gift you something from Super Hard Mode in advance.) but the worst thing of all, the practically game breaking interface failure, is that you can't freaking move while using the menu. they did not utilize the touch screen at ALL except for its pictochat style communication features.

but that game was last year anyway.

WarioWare DIY was the most disappointing game this year for me. i didn't find making games fun.. there were a few things that i downloaded that weren't bad, but i like flipnote studio waaaay better than this game both in "playing" and downloading other user's stuff.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
For me it would have to be Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Love the series and all handheld games but this one was a bit off to me.
I didn't like the change of play style and all the mixing of spells. Also the maps were a bit shitty.

Not sure about the upcoming MP game either though I am looking forward to the 360/PS3 game Lords of Shadow.

crazycarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On ds it would be euhm to many games...
On the 360 i have to admit that it is a good game but it's been 8 years since i throwed my controlled in a wall and that for i hate UFC Undisputed 2010 ... lol it is a really great game with nice graffics and everything but it so damn difficult and you can't learn all of it's controls....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-