Hacking Which DSTWO do I buy?

Frustration96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've decided to invest in a DSTWO over a R4i Gold since, even though it's about £30 more, I always seen people with DSTWO's and always being so jelious of them since everything seems to work instantly for them, and ofc GBA and SNES emulator support persuaded me too.

ANYWAY these are the two I'm unsure about;
http://www.tradeinthebox.com/dstwo-8gb-san...-card_p295.html
http://www.tradeinthebox.com/dstwo-8gb-kin...-card_p298.html

Only difference is Sandisk and Kingston (both 8GB) but I'm not sure on which one will be best.

What do you guys think? Which one should I buy?

ALSO: I could use these on 3DS with the newest update right?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Personally I would buy the Micro SDHC card separate as SDHC cards in a bundle are usually Class 2 and you need at least a Class 4 or Class 6 to get some acceptable read/write speeds.

Frustration96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Buleste said:
Personally I would buy the Micro SDHC card separate as SDHC cards in a bundle are usually Class 2 and you need at least a Class 4 or Class 6 to get some acceptable read/write speeds.

Yeah I've had trouble with read/write speeds on my R4 SDHC, I might do that
smile.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1) I don't know much about sandisk, but I haven't had problems with Kingston.

2) I can't guarantee you that it'll work on 3ds v2.0.2-3 (or w/e) out of the box. I'd recommend you to update manually before trying to run on a 3ds. Checking your icon that comes up when your ds2 is inserted will indicate which firmware it supports (don't know which boot-strap is the one compatible with the latest dsi/3ds; maybe somebody else can help on that).

To update, download the latest boot-strap update v1.12 and do as it tells you to do. And do it on a ds phat or lite if possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1