Hacking Which DSONE is the newest?

nathancnc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3DS, with my DSTWO in it, but I want a DSONE in my backup system (DSi)... just to save costs.

So there are 3 versions, which one is the newest?

DSONEi SDHC
DSONEi Mini
DSONEi

Thanks!

nathancnc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a new DSi (they are $29.99 here at target) and I just wanted a good, inexpensive flashcart for it. I already have a DSTWO for my 3DS, and it works really well... just expensive.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if DSONEi's are still being sold, and I doubt it would be the cheapest alternative or if it actually supports the latest DSi firmware.

nathancnc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All target's nationwide (in Canada) are selling the DSi for $30 until they run out of stock.

The DSONEi SDHC are easy to get here in Canada, for 1/2 the price of dstwo

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
curious why you want a SC DS Onei over an Acekard 2i, or even R4i, if price is a concern. Acekard is a bit cheaper, and both are blocked after 1.4.4 firmware. also, the excellent M3i Zero is only slightly more.

SC DS TWO is better than SC Onei anyway, the only caveat being a useless app menu you have to navigate before the actual games list, adding load time.

but if you allready own a SC Two and you like the menu system, then just get another SC two for the backup.

D

Deleted User

Just picked up a DSi, price matched Target's price at my local Best Buy.

The DSONEi supports 1.4.5 (with weird china firmware) and the Acekard does not. They are only $2 difference in price, I would prefer another Supercard.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just picked up a DSi, price matched Target's price at my local Best Buy.

The DSONEi supports 1.4.5 (with weird china firmware) and the Acekard does not. They are only $2 difference in price, I would prefer another Supercard.

you bought a DSi brand new from best buy, what was the firmware? all the remaining DSi stock should be 1.4.4 until its discontinued. if your really lucky 1.4.1.

i would suggest Not updating the firmware. there is really no good reason to update other than block flashcarts. the dsiware store is pathetic, nothing good at all. besides, your 3DS can access any dsiware from the eShop.

if you are bothered by that annoying plugins menu on the DS2, then get a Onei. if not then, beg borrow or steal that extra $10 to get a SC DS Two. improved features, and 3DS compatible.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it was 1.4.1 i believe, i updated it to download cave story.

0511-1001-2519-3443_Frustrated_Man_Pulling_His_Hair_Out_clipart_image.jpg

Cave Story 3DS is available on 3DS eShop for the same price. it has been updated for the 3DS with widescreen and 3D effects. no offense, but you wasted your money as well as a valuable and Rare DSi.

also, isnt the Wii version cheaper, and also, wasnt cave story originally a freeware PC game.

D

Deleted User

again, i have a 3ds xl (and cave story on it for that matter). I just wanted it on my dsi aswell.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
again, i have a 3ds xl (and cave story on it for that matter). I just wanted it on my dsi aswell.

im sorry, i dont mean to be rude, but nothing about this post makes any sense whatsoever. its like ive entered the twilight zone.

you hit the jackpot with an extremely rare and sought after DSi, only to update the firmware and destroy any chance of running legacy flashcarts. and the sole motive behind such reckless abandon, was a freeware game, that you allready own. which is available for free as a homebrew

also, you love your SC two, but want the inferior outdated version, that dosnt work on 3DS, just to save $10, which you spent on a points card, only to buy a duplicate game.

url

(my reaction to reading this post)

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
from wikipedia
Versions and ports

Cave Story has been ported to the Linux, AROS, MorphOS, AmigaOS 4 and Mac OS X operating systems, Xbox, Dreamcast, GP2X, GP2X Wiz, and TI graphing calculator, and the Playstation Portable.....

url

also An enhanced port on WiiWare. Nicalis also ported the game to DSiWare Although it does not feature the enhanced graphics and sound or some of the extra modes from the Wii version. The game was released for the Nintendo 3DS' Nintendo eShop service This version includes the DSiWare version's Jukebox mode, as well as all the additional modes included in Cave Story+.

Bottomline, Cave Story+ on 3DS (and steam) features
-nemesis challenge
-wind fortress
-boss attack
-sanctuary time attack
-curly story
-widescreen

D

Deleted User

If it makes you feel any better, they had tonnes of dsi's (and I did buy 16 of them) in stock... its not rare whatsoever.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damn, 16 DSi's. lucky. where i am the nearest target is a 3 hour drive to the next town, and docent even open until next month.

but yeah, like everyone else said, you might as well just get the SC DS Two. unless, like me, you absolutely cannot stand that useless "plugins" menu on the DS2. or you dont like Alex Rider icon, other than that the SCDS Two is superior.

about DSiware: DSi downloads are stored in system memory, Not sd card, which is limited to maybe 20-30 DSiware Titles. (shantae and mario vs donkeykong eat the biggest chunk), you can transfer individual titles from DSi to 3DS no problem, but you cannot transfer DSi to DSi, and not 3DS to 3DS without full system transfer.

so, you should store all your DSiware on your 1.4.5 DSi, seeing as you allready updated it, rather than purchase DSiware from the 3DS eShop, because its much easier to transfer DSi to 3DS later on.

D

Deleted User

I just got a DSONEi ($20.95) and it does indeed work with 1.4.5, that's all I needed to know, and will be giving my 2nd last DSi to someone I know (I am only keeping the one at 1.4.5)

I would say my only gripe about eh DSONEi is its cart icon in the menu (some crazy chinese game), but I guess I can get over it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30