Homebrew Which Ds Cart should I purchase?

Which DS flash card is best?

• IEdge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SuperCard DSTWO

• Acekard 2.1

• Total voters

kidcash37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still wondering which DS card should I buy.I am looking for a card that is Durable due to the fact I don't want to have to ever make a purchase for a DS card again.I first started out wanting Acekard 2 because its OS looked awesome. But I read the review on this site for the Acekard 2 which said that the design uses a "glued shell" which make the card seem very fragile.

So with that in mind I found out on this forum about Super Card DSTWO which has Gba emulation and and a built in CPU which had me amazed. But in the review on this forum had me giving second thoughts due to the fact it said the "shell is poorly secured", the gba emulator is buggy,The EOS software supercard uses is buggy, It also has DLDI patching problems and that the front side of the card is only protected only by a messily sticker.

The IEdge I read is a very solidly built card and is cheap! Even though it seems like a good card compared to Acekard and Supercard it seems sort of like a basic card DS flash card.

Notes:.I would love to hear from someone who owns all three, But any opinion will be taken into consideration
.I have a Nintendo DS Lite
.Im looking for a card with auto DLDI patching(I think all three of these cards have that)
.I also would like for it to be said in your post the amount of time you have owned the DS card you choose as best(If you own it.)

Were i got most of my info on these cards:
DSTWO:http://gbatemp.net/t232281-supercard-dstwo-review
Acekard 2.1:http://gbatemp.net/t224477-acekard-2-1-review
IEdge:http://gbatemp.net/t74099-edge-review

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have a DS Lite, what MicroSD card do you have?

I you have a card 2GB or less in capactity then get a 1:1 R4 from Shoptemp which is only $6. They run Wood which has the same GUI as AKAIO, and also runs the latest games.

I have one and they are as sturdy as brick, no MicroSD spring to fail and they have a screw at the back holding them together.

IMG_3524.jpg

If you want more information I have a guide on them here http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide...ting-up-wood-r4?

otherwise I would get the DSTWO

kidcash37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You have a DS Lite, what MicroSD card do you have?

I you have a card 2GB or less in capactity then get a 1:1 R4 from Shoptemp which is only $6. They run Wood which has the same GUI as AKAIO, and also runs the latest games.

I have one and they are as sturdy as brick, no MicroSD spring to fail and they have a screw at the back holding them together.

IMG_3524.jpg

If you want more information I have a guide on them here http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide...ting-up-wood-r4

otherwise I would get the DSTWO
I would get it but I have a 8gb sdhc card that is San disk.

Anymore suggestions? I mean i love supercard but what if i get it and it breaks in my ds lite?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The likelyhood is it won't break. People are much more likely to post if they have an issue, than if they don't. You'll get people on here who have lurked for ages, and then only post when they have a problem.

I've had 8 Acekard 2i's (for family), and I really wouldn't rate their build quality. I wouldn't hesitate in getting the DSTWO over it.

kidcash37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your input guys I guess I will consider the Super Card due to the fact I missed out on a lot of gba titles because my gba broke when i was younger lol. Plus im pretty sure it will have some impresive hombrew that comes out for it in the future and on the poll it got 100% of the vote. I will just have to be super careful with it.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
AKAIO or SuperCard DSTWO. iEDGE is a fucking clone of CycloDS.

So? It's not like iEDGE is another R4 clones. iEDGE is pretty good actually. Only sad thing about iEDGE is lack of community support.

To kidcash37, I actually recommend you either get Acekard or iEDGE with EZ 3in1. Reason being EZ 3in1 plays GBA game natively rather like emulation (90% compatible) from SuperCard DS2.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would only do a Supercard at this point for a DSi. On a lite, grabbing an Acekard, and using EZflash 3in1 is gonna give a lot better GBA options. They ever get the SNES up, and running the Supercard might be cool... as is... Mine is gathering dust in a drawer.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Acekard 2i is what I curently have, and u cant go wrong with it. for only 15-20 bucks and u can get multiple save slots, cheats, multiple thems, u can run any homebrew app WITHOUT patching (a useful feature) and much more!

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
haddad said:
The Acekard 2i is what I curently have, and u cant go wrong with it. for only 15-20 bucks and u can get multiple save slots, cheats, multiple thems, u can run any homebrew app WITHOUT patching (a useful feature) and much more!

True.
I'm with AceKard.
AceKard2i is AMAZING on it's own. And if you want GBA emulation, just add a Ez3in1.
AK2i + ez3in1 = Pwn.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I have an AceKard2i and I find it isn't fragile at all. Yeah it isn't built to the highest quality but if you want a DS cart that's updated regularly with practically 100% compatibility then the AceKard is for you. If you want 100% compatibility plus GBA emulation then go for the SCDSTwo.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go with the acekard if you are on a budget. I have an R4 but 2GB just isn't large enough once you add some music, a couple of movies and a half dozen neogeo roms. I have had 3 acekards and all have been ok, apart from the one the dog ate.

kidcash37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow im still puzzled as to what i will get. I think that I may try to get both acekard2 and Suprecard Ds2. Thanks for the input everyone!

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But is that really necessary? It seems kinda expensive. The supercard dstwo costs about $40. The 8GB micro sd card is around $23. I don't know what the acekard2 costs. Don't make the same mistake I did. Last week I ordered an R4i gold card and then discovered the supercard dstwo 2 days later. And it's a hell of a lot better then that R4i gold card. So I wasted about $25 on that R4i gold card
frown.gif

Anyway I got my supercard dstwo in the mail about 2 days ago. And I haven't been able to put my nintendo ds down. I love this thing. It can run emulators from old systems. The ones I have on mine are nes, snes, gameboy color, gamegear, sega genesis and gameboy advance. Of course not every game works on them but most of them do. The supercard dstwo is also built pretty sturdy. As long as you don't plan on dropping it on a hard floor, it should be fine. All in all I'm very satisfied with the supercard dstwo. If I had one compliant it would be that when you play gba games the battery on your nds goes down to 4 hours.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I personally think you should get the Acekard if you want a cheap, good card. I've had an AK2i for over a year now and no problems whatsoever. Still works as fine as the day I got it.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bryon15 said:
But is that really necessary? It seems kinda expensive. The supercard dstwo costs about $40. The 8GB micro sd card is around $23. I don't know what the acekard2 costs. Don't make the same mistake I did. Last week I ordered an R4i gold card and then discovered the supercard dstwo 2 days later. And it's a hell of a lot better then that R4i gold card. So I wasted about $25 on that R4i gold card
frown.gif
Anything is better than a R4i Gold, including the Acekard. You are paying way to much, Acekard 2i is under $15 and the DSTWO is $35.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well since I have both and Acekard 2i and a Supercard Two (no edge yet) I would say it's a real matter of what you want in a card.
Personally I would go with the Acekard 2i. It's got near perfect Compatibility (like some new games I heard give it trouble, they just need an update) A nice homebrew Operating system that updates regularly, which can be used with homebrews as a loader, Homebrew reset, custom icons, wifi updates, and loads of other functions. It does lack GBA games if you are using a DSi though.
With Supercard Two you get a customizable loader screen, nds boot loading screen, and just about everything, GBA emulator, soon to be SNES emulator, pretty good RPG based menu, frequent updates, Freecheat, game guides, and a few other features. Cons would be until the SDK is released, no homebrew firmwares and no homebrew reset.

Really it's all a matter of what card works for what you want it to do.

And I don't know iEdge since I don't have one.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are a few links you might find helpful:

This is where you can buy the supercard dstwo
http://www.leetmod.com/supercard-dstwo-p-223.html

This is where to download the operating system for the supercard dstwo
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-6867-1-1.html

This is where you can download emulators
http://gbatemp.net/t228898-list-of-emulato...ds-updated-2010

This is where you can download the game_config.txt to increase compatibility for gba games
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=12630

This is where you learn how to backup your own nds games to put on the supercard dstwo
http://www.ehow.com/how_5157993_back-up-ds-games.html

I hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.