Hacking Which devices are best for me?

Count Bifrons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking into buying a flash cart recently, but I'm having a hard time deciding which. Slot 1 devices look very promising for DS games, but unfortunately they don't play GBA games. So, I was looking into buying a PassMe device and using a slot 2 device for both, but considering most slot 1 devices have that built-in, why not get one of each?

So, I figured, why not ask some people who would know? :D

I'm looking for a combination of a slot 1 and slot 2 devices with the following features:

- plays DS games
- plays GBA games
- plays homebrew (I've read older homebrew doesn't work through slot 1)
- has DS-GBA connectivity (more in a bit)
- preferrably doesn't stick out (it can, but I'd rather not have a huge crazy thing hanging off the back)
- can take large media or has large built-in storage

For DS-GBA compatibility, I mean in that they read the GAME, as I've heard reading saves from slot 2 devices doesn't work. I've already played my fill of Diamond/Pearl and Mystery Dungeon anyway, but I don't know what other games use this feature. If there are others, though, I'll probably just hack the savegame or try action replay codes.

I'm not interested in music or pictures or video, so I don't care whether or not they have them.

Price doesn't matter, so long as they're quality devices that will last to play games past, present, and future. If they use media cards, I'll probably buy the largest ones available, but I'm never far enough away from my computer to need my entire collection on-hand.

Lastly, I have a DS fat, firmware v1. I don't know if it matters, but oh well. :)

drtofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if price isnt the matter. Then I'd go with cyclods because right now its the only flashcart that supports sdhc (for memory larger than 2GB) as for slot 2 if price doesnt matter I'd go with m3 lite perfect. the perfect is expensive but plays anything you need. + has things like pda function which you probably dont care about anyways. umm only problem i see is the m3 fitting in your ds phat... you may be able to move into into a normal cart? I'm not very experienced in slot 2 so i'll let others give you the right one.. If you cant find the cyclods or its over like 60$ you can get the supercard ds one around 37ish and its in stock now. the SC-one is imo the 2nd best to cyclo ds.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup, M3 Lite Perfect and CycloDS Evolution is the way to go
smile.gif
If you don't mind patching your roms you can even buy a passcard instead of a CycloDS Evolution, as the M3 already does everything you want.

Oh, and don't worry, you can use the M3 Lite in a Phat DS
wink.gif

Count Bifrons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys, they've been really helpful
biggrin.gif

I found out a friend who has an R4, I was going to pick that until I saw the CycloDS Evolution.

And, funnily enough, I was just going to ask about the 3-in-1 - it also fits in a DS fat, right?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
SCDS one/ R4 + EZIV minisd
EZIV is the 3 in 1's bigger brother and is a fully featured flashcard
SCDS is not for you if your not new at this and i would recommend the R4 over the SCDS
SCDS is good but for a bit more advanced users

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: