Which consoles have you packed away?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by WiiCube_2013, Dec 28, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Due to lack of space I've decided to store my PS3 60GB in a box because it was taking too much space (even in vertical position) and so instead I've kept the 360 (for YouTube and DVDs), Wii (GameCube) and Wii U (Wii U and eShop games).

The PS3 60GB is my second PS3 (1st is a PS3 Slim 250GB) and when I first bought I'd play tons of PS2 and PS3 games but now it was just gathering dust so figured I'd do justice and tuck it away. It's a cool collectible of a console (given that it still works) as it plays PS1, PS2 and PS3 games (PS4 could play PS1 and PS2 games considering it's powerful enough, I think).

So have you done any packing of your own to save space?

2. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Really just my Gamecube, Wii, and PSX.

Gamecube was redundant with the Wii, and the PSX is redundant with the PS2/3/4.

The Wii right now is at a friend's house, his Wii couldn't run pirated games so I brought it over one day and cared so little that its been there for like months.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I have a newer PS1 (Original grey brick, not the white slim PSone), an original Xbox black brick, an original Gameboy grey brick, and an original NES grey brick. I still use my Wii as a DVD player.

4. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    PS1
    SNES
    N64
    Gamecube
    Saturn
    Dreamcast
    GBC
    Amiga 1200

I can't bring myself to get rid of them even though I know I'll never use them again. I even have a RROD'd Xbox 360 that somebody gave me. I meant to get it refurbished and hacked/modded but I never did.

5. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    N64
    GameCube
    DreamCast
    PS2

all tucked away for now. Plugged in, I have my Wii, Wii U, and Xbox 360.

6. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    WiiU & PS4, all i wanna play is Dark/Demon Souls so the PS3 is my main console atm.

7. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    PS2 sits on my self. PSP collects dust on my shelf. Wii went back to my sister.

Got the PS3, PS4 and Wii U? connected to the tv.

8. nasune

nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Honestly, it would be easier to list the consoles that I have hooked up at the moment :D . Let's see, I have the following consoles/handhelds tucked away:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Compare that to the Systems that are hooked up (A Wii, a WiiU, a DS, a 3DS, a PS2, two PS3 systems, a PS4, a PSP, a PS Vita, an Xbox, an Xbox 360, and a NES clone) and you'll see that it's far easier to list those systems :P .

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    PS3 and 360 at the moment. I still need to play The Stick of Truth and my laptop's out of the question (it chugs on Super Meat Boy), so I'll have to pull one out eventually.

Unless the game gets a gratuitous next gen port, of course. I'd be down with that.

10. Kayot

Kayot GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2010
    United States
    SNES, Playstation 1/2, N64, GBC, GBA, Wii. Basically anything I could emulate minus DS and PSP since those are portable.

11. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    At the moment I only have a few consoles that have been put away...I have a GC sitting in my closet (that's been there for ages), I have a few OG XBOXs sitting in storage (1 sealed Halo edition, 1 unsealed Halo edition, and 1 OG that's been opened but never used), and...I think that's about it. I don't have a whole lot of consoles around anymore really, all I have that are out and that I still play are a PS1/PS3/PS4 and a Wii U (and a 3DS and a Vita, but the former hasn't been touched in weeks).

12. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Packed away in its original box in the loft my old NES and N64. Also Gamecube, XboxOne because I only have 2 limited games for it at the moment and I don't really use it tbh, PS3 comes in and out sometimes but spends more time in its box.

13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    If it can be reasonably emulated by my setups then it is probably in storage, plus the N64 because most of the games I would consider playing have been ported or remade in a superior form elsewhere. Plus a 360 or two that I still need to get around to modding I guess.

I still have a GBA SP, PSP and a DS out, the DS is mainly for tetris and the PSP is my audiobook player. I have a gamecube fairly near to hand in case we decide to play a bit of it (no wii around here) and the PS2 is technically in a similar position (I have a few things I need to play for it). My original xbox finally got retired to the cupboard of wonder as I realised I was using the raspberry pi xbmc more (if nothing else it does H264 which seems to be the order of the day these days).
    Somewhere around here then is a commodore vic20, some kind of amstrad, possibly an amiga (not sure what model), a commodore 64, probably a couple of PS1s, a PS2 slim, a handful of N64s, a few 360s in various states of disrepair, a master system, several nes consoles, possibly my old megadrive. Controllers for all of them but I tend to pull them apart when I want some soldering practice or to cannibalise for parts (I will not lie in this instance and I do have to say I do it because deep down I know it annoys people that will probably end their days with a house full of junk) so their numbers have probably dwindled a bit.

14. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    All my consoles are all out either in my room or gameroom

15. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    wii, xbox360, ps1 and pspgo

16. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    For me...
    NES
    SNES
    N64
    GCN
    Wii
    Wii
    PS2
    And a bunch of handhelds.

17. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    NES, my other non-softmodded Wii, Original Xbox, Ps1, and Dreamcast.

18. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Due to space constraints not in my TV set:
    -PSX
    -PS2
    -Xbox (Orig.)
    -NES
    -FC
    -SNES
    -N64
    -GC x2
    -Wii
    -PSP x2
    -PSPGo x2
    -GB
    -GBC
    -GBA SP
    -DSLite
    -DSiXL
    -3DS (on 4.5, but replaced mainly by a 3DS XL)

Most consoles are in safe keeping also due to my computer handling emulation on most of the mentioned platforms than the original platforms could ever handle as native. I do take one of the consoles out every now and then due to having bought quite a few EverDrives/modding the consoles to make it less of a hassle to find the specific game(s) I want to play. My game collection itself grows as time goes on, since I tend to buy the games I imagine I'll find time to play at some point.

19. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    My PSP hasn't seen the light of day for quite a while. Wii just got replaced with a Wii U and packed up. That's sitting in my basement next to my PS2 (for Dance Dance Revolution), PS3's on my bedroom dresser, and 3DS is on my desk.

20. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL
    3DS, Dreamcast and Wii U packed away. PS2, Vita, and PS3 in use. PS4 in repair.