Which Combo would you recomend me?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Alex658, Aug 18, 2011.

Aug 18, 2011
  1. Alex658
    OP

Member Alex658 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Venezuela
    Price is relevant as well, I don't have too much money to spare...

Which combo would be the best or cheapest. PSP's here are incredibly overpriced... So yeah.

I also plan on hacking it. So which one would have the best support? For example. I plan on getting a lot of emulators running, Specially the PSX emulation/support. And If I've heard correctly then the earlier PSP's have waaaay better support. (As to what titles are supported as opposed to the 2000/3000/Go. I would like to know that as well if possible.

EDIT: Also which model out of the original PSP's would you recommend?

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    If you want a good price and great hacking support you should get a PSP 1/2000.

3. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Anything on PSN PS1 Classics will play on any PSP (obviously if you don't want to buy them then you can pirate them).

Making your own eboots (PSP format to read games) is another matter and gets confusing for first time users. You have to use popsloader which gives an extra boost for compatibility which has more support on older firmware than on newer firmware (but it's getting better).

Emulators for GBA/SNES/etc will work perfectly fine on any PSP model or firmware.

If you're looking for a cheaper price for decent size memory, get the PSP Go.
    Finding a decent size memory stick for the other PSP models can be a pain since they are usually high priced and fake.

4. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    What Prowler_ said.

+ I'd go for a Go since it has cheapish memory (M2s cost about half the price of Pro Duos) and the internal 16 Gb. So far haven't seen any game that doesn't work with the PSP Go, but as said before it is all about the CFW installed.

-Qtis

5. Slacko

Newcomer Slacko Newbie

United States
    I've been researching all day and am thoroughly confused by a lot of old data.

Is there any model of PSP (mobo, firmware, etc) that cannot be hacked to play emulators and custom games? I'm looking into getting one for NES, SNES, GB/C, GBA, PSX emulation almost entirely and some sources say that newer (3000, 6.40+) cannot be hacked.

6. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    3000 and Go on 6.60 cannot be hacked (yet)
    But, the firmware came out recently so there is a very slim chance you will get a PSP with this firmware, also new PSPs will not have this firmware on.

With the way things are moving (6.60 CFW for 1000 and 2000 (the hackable models)) it won't be long until something pops up for all PSP models.

7. shadow100z

Member shadow100z GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    my 3000 is hacked with 6.20 pro-b8 with a perm patch. any psp can be hacked. that has 6.39 or lower ofw

8. realveemon

Member realveemon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes and no there shadow....

Theres hacked and theres fully hacked.... 1/2K are fully and others are partially...

9. Slacko

Newcomer Slacko Newbie

United States
    With a partial hack, is the only difference that the CFW has to be reloaded upon every full shutdown? Are there emulators or things that can't be used on a PH? If this is in the FAQ, please direct me there. I read it all once but might be misremembering.

10. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Definitely PSP 2000 + Memstick. I picked one up from our Trading section for only 80 euros (including shipping!). A fully hacked PSP 2000 in almost perfect condition with an 8GB memory stick.
    And PSX support is superb, I've already completed THPS 2 and THPS 4 on it, love it!

11. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I thought 3000 was partially hacked...?

12. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    6.39 PRO can now have a different type of permanent hack for 3000s, but it's limited and still dangerous, so we rarely mention it.