Which card will work for me now?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by lostdwarf, Mar 16, 2012.

Mar 16, 2012
  1. lostdwarf
    OP

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone I updated my DSi to do a 3DS game transfer (which worked brilliantly) but now I want to get a new HB card again but do not have a clue which will work since I did the update.
    Can anyone help? I really want Colors! again, along with a few other cool HB. I knew I was making my r4 useless by updating but needed to transfer my best games (dsiware). I gave my old r4 to my niece.
    Will any card work or only a few or none?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The Acekard 2i, R4i Gold/3DS, and DSTwo are recommended carts and if the store you get it from updates it before sending it out, it'll work.

3. lostdwarf
    OP

United Kingdom
    if they don't update it, cant I? oh and thankyou for the reply... is this a good card? and where can I get it in the UK? I cant find it on ebay or amazon

4. Rydian

United States
    You can't update the cart if you can't run it.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/315784-flash-carts-and-dsi3ds-updates/

Which cart?

Ebay and amazon don't sell these things, chinese/import shops are your best bet. I don't know of any in the UK.

5. lostdwarf
    OP

United Kingdom
    The supercard ds2.

So I have no choice but to buy from a Chinese site? and if so how do I tell them to update my card before sending it? I do not know any Chinese. :/ No english speaking sites that I can purchase from?
    Has anybody any suggestions for safe sites?

6. Rydian

United States
    The chinese sites are generally in english and have information either in the flash cart section, or the product pages how updated the models they're sending out are.

An example here: http://realhotstuff.com/supercard-dstwo-p-499.html
    That page states the DSTwo models are updated at least to bypass the the 3DS's 2.0 firmware update (but 3.x's the latest).

I don't know of any shops that deal with the UK specifically. They've cracked down on flash cart shipments in that area, and I've never ordered for there.