darkzob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm looking for a cheap flash cart and want to know which one is the best out of r4,edge and m3 real.

Price wise r4 and edge cheapest
Edge has some kind of sticking out Micro SD problem
M3 real is the most expensive and from what I've read it isn't just a plug and play card you need to do lots of stuff first.
M3 Real comes with a rumble pack which I don't what I would use it for.

I heard they all have 100% compatibility but they slow on updating for newer games.if so which one updates fastest?

I just care about having 100% compatibility and ds download play and wifi compatible.Also I would prefer if the save files were compatible with the ds-x my old card which failed me.

So which should i get?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are about a thousand threads on this exact same topic, in particular this one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70252

The following flash carts seem to be the most recommended:

CycloDS (expensive, but lots of features and a simple menu).
Acekard 2 (pretty and fast menu, but not as sturdy as some carts).
Edge (decent menu, but not as fancy as the Acekard 2).
SCDS1 (lots of features, but slow and difficult to use menu).

-Bri

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im purchasing my first cart as well.
I'm going with the CycloDS

But, I was deciding between SCDS1 and the Acekard 2, I'd choose one of those 3

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
darkzob said:
I'm looking for a cheap flash cart and want to know which one is the best out of r4,edge and m3 real.
*snip*
Price wise r4 and edge cheapest= so is a 3 day old fish @ the market...they stink, buddy (if in any doubt, just scroll through the R4 pages over the last month or so, you'll soon work it out)

Edge has some kind of sticking out Micro SD problem = don't know

M3 real is the most expensive and from what I've read it isn't just a plug and play card you need to do lots of stuff first. = incorrect, its plug n play. However, you can 'enhance' the cart by downloading the M3Sakura triple boot firmware...its sweet

M3 Real comes with a rumble pack which I don't what I would use it for = its come 'complimentary' with cart, just plug it in GBA slot2 and whatever games are released with rumble, the game rumbles automatically (ie. no patching req'd)

I heard they all have 100% compatibility but they slow on updating for newer games.if so which one updates fastest? = R4 certainly does not have 100% compatibility (well, natively anyway), its dead in the water, stopped production, no updates/support. No idea about Edge, but from what I've read on this forum its a cheaper 'cousin' of the CycloDS.

care about having 100% compatibility, ds download play, wifi compatible = Don't think either 3 have Wifi (R4 does not).
prefer if the save files were compatible with the ds-x = its my understanding all sav can easily be converted between all carts.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hold out for the KGB since it has the most awesomest looking box. Seriously though, I would also look at the iTouch. I use EDGE and I'm happy with it.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
M3 real (With the expansion pack) is the best if you will ever play a GBA game.
Edge is good, but nothing exceptional. (Acekard 2 might be a better budget card)
No R4

M3 and Edge both have perfect WIFI and very good download play (Just one or two are bad... like snowboard kids)

M3 is worth the price. Forget about the rumble and get the GBA expansion.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the CycloDS. What's a $15 price difference going to do if you're not even going to buy anymore games?

ponchods

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The R4 probably isn't getting anymore updates. No updates = future DS releases may not work. It doesn't have that many features anyway. Also, there are a lot of R4 Clones out there that could brick your DS. It's kinda hard to find a real R4 now.

I'd go for the CycloDS Evolution. It's the best flash card imo. A bit pricey though. If you're low on money go for the Acekard 2. If you still can't decide, try looking at the Review section. That might help you out.

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still once again if your looking for a no-frills budget card the only choice out there is the AceKard 2. Its just incomparable to the other budget flashcards around. However if your looking to splurge a little bit and get the richest experience out of your DS. Its the CylcoDS or nothing at all.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Best UI/Customization - M3 Real with triple boot.
Best Card/Features - CylcoDS
Best Buget - AceKard 2

As easy as that.

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2 or Edge? The decision is killing me, but I find myself leaning towards Edge more, just because I'm reading all these random forum posts and the general consensus is that Edge is a good, solid, and sturdy card that doesn't seem to have any problems, and simple GUI similar to that of R4/CycloDS. The Acekard 2 on the other hand has some extra menu options and is a bit fancier, possibly faster as well, but the card build quality seems to be lacking.

Edge sounds the safest but I'm pretty torn between that and the Acekard 2 myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome