Gaming Which 3DS game to get?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've checked the essentials thread. I already own Ocarina of Time and PilotWings, and I'm not a fan of 2D fighters and shooters.
Also the two games I own are great. I've played SF64, and honestly I don't see myself buying it. That said, what do you suggest I get?

Thanks

Last edited by Lucifer666,

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My Game Usage chart is currently…
1st : the camera! 1hr 50
2nd : the shop, in a desperate hunt for ANYTHING.. 1hr 38
3rd : the browser, seriously, the fucking browser… 1hr 14
4th : Super Mario Land, a Gameboy game that I played to death 20 years ago.. 1 hour
5th : Zelda, and I’m not even a fan of Zelda games.. 39 mins.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FireGrey said:
I suggest that you wait for Super Mario 3D Land, Super Pokemon Rumble or Mario Kart 7.

See. There's the problem. I'm definitely getting Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land when they're out, but I need something to kill time in the meantime.
Thanks.
smile.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil. My friend let me borrow it (never wanted to buy it because I'm not a fan of the series and didn't seem like a "full" game.

It's short but a great game. It was on sale for $20 at Bestbuy. If you can find that deal again, snag it.

Probably the best 3DS game next to OoT3D.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I hate shooters. It's different from a generic one.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you haven't played it and like stealth games --> Splinter Cell 3D. I really had a lot of fun with it. If you have a PS3 then I suggest getting the HD collection.
The same goes for Starfox 64 3D.
Samurai Warriors Chronicles if you like hack'n'slash games with a little strategic touch.
Rabbids 3D: A nice platformer. It's actually a good game.
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D is a nice time killer.
A lot of people like Dead or Alive, but I haven't played it.

Don't buy Rayman 2 (crappy port) and Steel Diver (good gameplay, but embarissly short).

Also don't buy the upcoming Fifa 2012. I had a chance to play it at Gamescom and it's real crap. And I don't mean no online, but the really bad framerate, even with 3D turned off.

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Samurai Warriors Chronicles
smile.gif

I'm at 125 hours gameplay and didn't complete all the things in the game.
It's the first time that I tried A samurai warriors game and I love it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
DOA: Dimensions or SSFIV 3D, depending on which kind of fighter you like.

Samurai Warriors is nice, but Dynasty Warriors VS is coming in Japan (localization? maybe)

Starfox 64 3D despite having no online is a great air shooter.

RE: Mercs is a great arcade FPS/TPS.

Waddy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you like racing games then i would suggest getting Ridge Racer 3D cause it's a good game.
Also you might want to get Dead or Alive Dimensions, i know you said you didn't like 2D fighting games but neither do I and i really enjoy DOA

steiner666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil Mercs, its great fun online, once you get past the boring tutorial levels and get to the tier 4, 5 and EX levels (which you unlock by beating all the other levels with a certain score). The different weapon loadouts and skills combinations add a lot of variety to the gameplay and tactics. Theres nothing like racking up a 100+ combo with a buddy online.

I currently only own it and Zelda, love them both. I plan on getting Mario kart of course, and super mario. if i get another game to hold me over until they come out i think it will probably be ridge racer since its like

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FireGrey said:
I suggest that you wait for Super Mario 3D Land, Super Pokemon Rumble or Mario Kart 7.
Yep this is a good suggestion. I'll get mario kart 7 for sure
tongue.gif
(I have ALL mario kart games)
@Jayenkai:
1st: Ocarina of Time 3D: 30 hours 16 minutes
2nd: My Acekart2i: 12 hours 42 minutes
3rd: eShop: 5 hours 7 minutes
4th: System Settings
laugh.gif
: 5 hours
Everything else is not important

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
For people worried about MGS 3D's framerate: NWR said that gameplay was smooth, but cutscenes were a little noticeable. Controls are not really pleasant.

QUOTE said:
The control layout for the title are serviceable, but can sometimes be a bit frustrating. Player use the circle pad to move Snake around and have the ability to choose weapons and items from the touch screen. Holding L will enter Snake into an aiming mode, and R shoots. The face buttons are used for a pseudo dual analog set up, which did not feel natural or smooth at all. While guiding Snake through the jungles, trying to be sneaky, I can’t count the amount of mistakes I made due to slow, uncomfortable camera control. When the game launches this winter in Japan, it is going to fully support Nintendo’s upcoming 3DS Circle Pad attachment, hopefully making the camera controls more bearable.

QUOTEVisually, Snake Eater 3D is hit or miss. While playing the game, visuals look quite nice and the frame rate is consistent. However, when the game engages into cut scenes, it can at times be choppy. It can definitely use some work before the final release hits store shelves.

More: Yup

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you haven't explicitly stated what genre of games you're looking for, I'm going to go ahead and recommend MY favorite 3DS game, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (though, if you have the DS version, you may want to ignore this). It's an SRPG, so it plays a bit like Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea, but what I like about it (and the other SMT games I've played) is the level of customization you get; you get to choose every stat point, every skill and spell that goes on your main character, and you literally get to create your team of allies. Be warned, however; this game is difficult. It's one of the easiest Shin Megami Tensei games, and the DS version still received so much flak for its difficulty level that Atlus added in an Easy difficulty for Overclocked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: