Which 3DS game impressed you the most?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ShawnTRods, May 25, 2011.

May 25, 2011
  1. ShawnTRods
    OP

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    So which game is it so far?

I got Rayman 3D and Super Street Fighter 4. Not that impressed in terms of 3D effects.

Rayman 3D: The only cool effects I noticed were the butterflies o.o
    Super Street Fighter: Erhmm.. nothing that catchy, but there is something to it I guess.

2. Uchiha Obito

Member Uchiha Obito GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Sports Resort thingy... The only one I played so far xD HAHA!!! XD

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I've played:

Rayman 3D (shit version)
    Super Street Fighter IV (shame everything was unlocked)
    Dead or Alive: Dimension (prettiest 3DS game)
    Steel Diver (Should have been a downloadable title)
    Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (gimped to fuck)
    PilotWings Resort (again should have been downloadable)
    Ghost Recon Whateveritscalled (best 3DS game so far though clearly was made for DS first)

Out of those PilotWings has the best use of 3D. Helped the gameplay so much and made me a believer in the function.

4. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    - Street Fighter. It works well but to me it only draws attention to the fact that the backgrounds are now static, which annoys me. I will admit that seeing Akuma's Wrath of the Raging Demon coming at you in full 3D is fuckin' terrifying though.

- Ridge Racer. Works well and it does make the game better, but it seems difficult to focus. The 'sweet spot' seems elusive here.

- Pilotwings. Again, adds to the game but difficult to keep focussed.

- Puzzle Bobble. It had 3D effects? I never noticed.

- Samurai Warriors. 3D it up all you like, it doesn't cover for how bland and repetitive the environments were.

- DOA Dimensions. Probably the best I've seen so far, for reasons beyond Kasumi's jiggle physics. Watching someone bounce down the stairs of the Endless Spiral in full 3D then seeing the slow motion impact as I leap down and knee them in the face for the finishing blow is really quite nice. It's great, but not really enough alone to justify the cost of the system so far.

5. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I'm torn between Pilotwings Resort and Dead or Alive: Dimensions. Pilotwings has the best overall use of the 3D effect, but DoA has great graphics and some of the effects look really impressive. Some scenes in DoA, especially the cut-scenes, don't look that much better when viewed in 3D though.

6. ShawnTRods
    OP

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Sweet spot is a huge issue. I really have to mess around more to know whether its my eyes or the games I got doesnt have much 3D content. Because I am not noticing much lol.

I will be pretty upset if nintendo releases a remake of 3DS with better 3D capability. Well, upset that I got one that cannot be improved without buying another one.

7. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    Dead or alive gets my vote. the 3D looks awesome in chronicle mode and it makes the lil "cut out" scenes look tons better, but it really shines in the fights! Its the only game iv played on 3DS so far thats made me actually wanna keep with the 3D on all the time.

8. RodrigoCamilo

Member RodrigoCamilo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Street fighter 4 impressed me, so far the best 3d effects from the console( I haven't played DOA so i can't tell for sure )

9. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    Dream Trigger 3D easily has the best 3D effect out of any 3DS game so far to date.

10. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I've only played 3 so far (Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, and SSFIV), and Ghost Recon had the best 3D effect out of the three.

11. leeday100196

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernapeā„¢

Australia
    Streetpass quest. Mainly for the Ultimate ghost at the end.

12. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I agree on this and I want to add Ridge Racer. Especially in the first person view-mode you really have a better perception of the distance and it feels very natural to fly/drive around. Really makes it easier!

But I also want to say that even though Rayman 3D may not be the best version of the game ( [​IMG] DC) I have to say that the particles and butterflies where amazing to look at in 3D. I know I`ve said that in some other thread but it had the Avatar-feel to it when you first get to Pandora. Very impressive.

Oh, and taking pictures has nice 3D when done right [​IMG] (Here or here are some pictures I`ve made which I think have some nice effects...)

13. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    SSF 3D mode and Ridge Racer are really stunning

14. Weaselpipe

Member Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

United Kingdom
    SSFiv is relatively impressive, until you realise that you can play for longer and have better graphics with the 3d off.
    I find Pilotwings quite hard to find the 'sweet spot', but it is helpful in terms of gameplay- shame there isn't much gameplay in it after an initial play-through.
    Should be picking up DOA tonight so hoping to be blown away by its Sweden-baiting sexy child mode (or whatever it is they have banned it for)

15. leeday100196

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernapeā„¢

Australia
    Actually I would like to add Nintendogs + Cats to that, because the puppies look so cute when they pop their heads out of the screen.

16. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Dead or alive for sure and I've played that once. SSF not that great IMO, SW is okayish.