Wheres my game dump?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Aijelsop, Jan 20, 2011.

Jan 20, 2011

Wheres my game dump? by Aijelsop at 8:08 PM (735 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    I just used the 3in1 dumping process 3 times and none of the games show up nor do they play on the official cart anymore. They tell me no save file found and tell me to shut off my DS and reinsert card. What's going on?

2. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    What program are you using, what type of game are you dumping, and what are your settings for said program?

3. conanac

Member conanac Be an Angel

United States
    Not sure whether you already know this or not...

I think a typical step for using 3-in-1 is first to run the dumper application (which you put in the flash cart), then the application will ask
    you to switch the cart in slot 1 (i.e. you need to put the game/retail cart now), and it will read the content into the 3-in-1 cart (in slot 2).
    After it copies the chunk of 32MB, then it will ask you to turn-off DS, and swith back to flash cart in slot 1 and rerun the dumper application.
    Once you rerun it, it then copies that chunk of 32MB from 3-in-1 cart to the flash cart. This process should be repeated as many as
    needed when the size of the game cart or savegame file is more than 32MB. At the end, the dumper application will combine those
    chunks of data in the flash cart accordingly.

As far as I could recall, you could prepare or set-up a folder in your micro-SD card to hold those temporary chunks of data.
    And the final compiled file will be in that folder as well.

4. solidsnake13

Newcomer solidsnake13 Member

United States
    The file should be in a folder on your microSD card, with the name like backup or something. It has been a while since I have dumped anything from a legit cart.

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Where's your game dump?

I STOLE IT!