Hardware Where to buy...?

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm in a need for a USB Hub but not sure which one to get. DX or Ebay would be the best place to get but other places that ship to Bosnia would be fine too.
The other thing that i need is an HDMI Hub... or is it called a HDMI Splitter? Have 2 HDMI devices (PS3 and PC) but only 1 HDMI port in my monitor, and its really inconvenient to plug out the HDMI from my PC to my PS3. If someone could recommend me some of the hubs that would be great.

EDIT: Ohh and i have an DVI port so a DVI to HDMI adapter would be fine too, but i'm not sure how the picture is gonna look. I learned that transforming VGA to DVI makes interference and gives weird horizontal lines but not sure if its gonna be same if i converted DVI to HDMI (VGA is analog signal and DVI is digital so that's why it made the horizontal line. Meanwhile DVI and HDMI are both digital which should work fine then?)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Depends on your budget, too. Good and cheap or high quality?

If you want an HDMI 3-Way then get the cheapest one from Hong Kong / China as it works flawlessly but keep in mind when changing there's a button on the device you need to press.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
You can get DVI-HDMI cables. They work fine since the digital signal is almost identical. On the other hand, dual link DVI-D has a higher bandwidth capacity than HMDI 1.4a (or so I've heard), but I get he impression that your monitor isn't 144Hz or 4K resolution so you won't see any difference from DVI and HDMI 1.4a.

I don't know about HDMI splitters though, so I'll defer to WiiCube for that :3

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You can get DVI-HDMI cables. They work fine since the digital signal is almost identical. On the other hand, dual link DVI-D has a higher bandwidth capacity than HMDI 1.4a (or so I've heard), but I get he impression that your monitor isn't 144Hz or 4K resolution so you won't see any difference from DVI and HDMI 1.4a.

I got this one a year or so back (think it was a poundish) and to this day it has no faults other than the odd design.

EDIT: Link @ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Input-S...UK-Stock-SH-/281724587822?hash=item4198180f2e

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Depends on your budget, too. Good and cheap or high quality?

If you want an HDMI 3-Way then get the cheapest one from Hong Kong / China as it works flawlessly but keep in mind when changing there's a button on the device you need to press.
I got this one a year or so back (think it was a poundish) and to this day it has no faults other than the odd design.

EDIT: Link @ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Input-S...UK-Stock-SH-/281724587822?hash=item4198180f2e
Cheap and good would be the one that i need. What would high quality mean? All i need is another socket for the other HDMI cable so i can just cycle to the other device without unplugging the HDMI cable from PC to PS3(I have 2 HDMI cables, 1 for PC and 1 for PS3), nothing else.
If the one you posted can do that then its good enough for me. I wouldn't want that my screen quality degrades thou.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1080p 60/75Hz is my monitor.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
By 'high quality' one with a better design, more ports and a remote control to switch the HDMI ports, otherwise you're getting more or less the same package.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
By 'high quality' one with a better design, more ports and a remote control to switch the HDMI ports, otherwise you're getting more or less the same package.
Ohh, no need for that. Guess i'll getting the one you linked. Thanks.

And guess i'll need 3 HDMI cable? One from the monitor to the HDMI thing, one from PC to the HDMI thing and another from PS3 to the HDMI thing?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Just get the cheap HDMI cables from Amazon, or your nearest equivalent. If you're paying more than $10 for a cable (unless you're doing 144Hz or 4K resolution), you're being ripped off. Gold plating etc do nothing to improve the digital signal.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Just get the cheap HDMI cables from Amazon, or your nearest equivalent. If you're paying more than $10 for a cable (unless you're doing 144Hz or 4K resolution), you're being ripped off. Gold plating etc do nothing to improve the digital signal.
The product says its HDMI 1.3, should i care?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1