Hacking Where to buy?

mitsukuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I saw alot of topic on where to buy a CycloDS, but, there are mostly people located in US, Canada or such. Some of the sites recommended, such as modchip no longer sells it anymore.
I know it's really long after that i wanted to buy one now, but im really new to this and really wanted to get one. I live in Singapore so i'll like to ask where i may get it at a good deal and which type of memory card should i get? MicroSD, kingston or some others? I'm not really sure what other cards there are available, so i hope someone can point it out to me.
Thanks.
shy.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You live in singapore? Awesome!
My dad lives there, so I've been there to visit him a few times.

If you get a SDHC for the CycloDS, it won't really matter which one you get. Even shitty SanDisk can run games like Castlevania: PoR fine. If you get a non-SDHC MicroSD, Kingston or any other brand card where the MicroSD says SD-C01G for 1GB MicroSD, and probably SD-C02G for 2GB. Lots of cheap brands buy kingston and rebrand them. However, only the japanese Kingston MicroSD are any good (those are the ones that say SD-C01G)

The second time I was in singapore, I found a store that sold japanese 1GB Kingston MicroSD in sim lim, but I can't remember what the name of it was.

For the flashcart, you could try eBay or any flashcart site that ships worldwide, I'm pretty sure at least some of the GBAtemp affiliates ship worldwide.

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jdbye said:
You live in singapore? Awesome!
My dad lives there, so I've been there to visit him a few times.

If you get a SDHC for the CycloDS, it won't really matter which one you get. Even shitty SanDisk can run games like Castlevania: PoR fine. If you get a non-SDHC MicroSD, Kingston or any other brand card where the MicroSD says SD-C01G for 1GB MicroSD, and probably SD-C02G for 2GB. Lots of cheap brands buy kingston and rebrand them. However, only the japanese Kingston MicroSD are any good (those are the ones that say SD-C01G)

The second time I was in singapore, I found a store that sold japanese 1GB Kingston MicroSD in sim lim, but I can't remember what the name of it was.

For the flashcart, you could try eBay or any flashcart site that ships worldwide, I'm pretty sure at least some of the GBAtemp affiliates ship worldwide.
Ebay refuses to sell flashcarts because they lead to illegal action. So don't bother searching there. Amazon on the other does sell them, but I don't believe they carry Cyclods.

mitsukuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jdbye: Thanks for replying and woo, that's cool that your dad live in singapore. I'll check out the place at sim lim if i have the time.

mcjones92: Thanks for replying too and ya, amazon doesn't offer Cyclods anymore

mitsukuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks, swip, i went to topmodders to take a look. I saw the price is higher than abotcity but im wondering about the shipping rate. Do you know roughly, the shipping rate of topmodders?

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mitsukuni said:
Thanks, swip, i went to topmodders to take a look. I saw the price is higher than abotcity but im wondering about the shipping rate. Do you know roughly, the shipping rate of topmodders?
Shipping quotes are based on the address information you selected:
Singapore

Available Shipping Methods
(Air Mail (Cheaper) (1 x 0.20kg(s) $8.00
(EMS (Faster, Online Tracking) (1 x 0.20kg(s) $12.00

clock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mitsukuni if you by anychance find a store that sell CycloDS in Singapore would you give me the address
biggrin.gif

and anyone know anysite sell CycloDS that have a low price shipping to Vietnam?

mitsukuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
swip: thanks alot to you. I think i'll buy from there from there. It seem to be the best deal from what i've seen.

clock: no problem, i'll inform you if i see one

Whunup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mitsukuni said:
swip: thanks alot to you. I think i'll buy from there from there. It seem to be the best deal from what i've seen.

clock: no problem, i'll inform you if i see one

Hey, if you're still browsing www.modariffic.com is in Australia... Shouldnt take too long to ship to Singapore i wouldnt think... as they now take Paypal?
biggrin.gif

anubiss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mitsukuni: u could check Depot888. They sell all these card worldwide. About 1 week to arrive in Singapore.

Before u buy, contact with them first, u could get discount. their email: [email protected] I bought R4 and micro SD there, get discount code via Email.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle