Where to buy magic keys

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Clairjoe, Feb 4, 2013.

Feb 4, 2013

Where to buy magic keys by Clairjoe at 4:45 AM (430 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Clairjoe
    OP

Member Clairjoe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a silver Slim ps2 with swap magic and psx original games so i can run backups of both, but my current method (electric tape on the sensors) gets kind of annoying because i cannot seem to get the one sensor in the back of the disc tray to stay all the way back so you can hear the cd slightly scrape against it, the games still work and everything is fine, however they randomly freez until i open the lid up again and push the sensor back manually with my finger until it loads the next part of the game (this isn't often but it gets quite annoying)
    I was wondering where and if i could purchase a set of magic keys
    FreeMCBoot is not an option here since it is a newer ps2 9000x model with date code 8C

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    In that case, why not invest in a modchip? It's gonna take you further than a magic key. ;)

3. Clairjoe
    OP

United States
    Already looked into a mod chip, but i have no experience in soldering nor know anybody who does, and i do not want to risk breaking the ps2 i have no money for a new one
    which is why i have resorted to swap tricks

4. Clairjoe
    OP

United States
    i may just open up the ps2 and remove the spring sensor in the back like some people online have done, seems the cheapest and easiest way, but i will save the parts incase i wannt to put it back together sometime or it causes issues