Homebrew Where did my game go?

MdX MaxX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide to backup my New Super Mario Bros. game and savefile. I followed all the instructions and the process seemed to finish successfully. But after all was said and done, there was one problem: I couldn't find the files. C:\Temp doesn't seem to exist, and I have no idea where else the file could be stored. Anyone have any ideas?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHOA WHOA WHOA i didnt know i can bckup a game and save without the need of a certain device thanks for the lik as the reason why you cant find it i dont know.

did you try using search on ur computer?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just tried transferring a save from my DS to PC using NDS Backup Tool WiFi WITHOUT the default C:\Temp folder and it placed the .SAV on my desktop.

MdX MaxX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, pointing both the virtual and physical paths to my Desktop did the trick. I don't understand the virtual path thing at all, but then again, I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to networking.

Thanks for the input!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MdX MaxX said:
Well, pointing both the virtual and physical paths to my Desktop did the trick. I don't understand the virtual path thing at all, but then again, I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to networking.

Thanks for the input!
'Physical Path' is the path on your computer, e.g. 'C:\FTP\'
'Virtual Path' is the starting location the FTP clients see, e.g. '/'

So if the FTP client is on /NDS/Saves, the folder on the PC is actually C:\FTP\NDS\Saves
It's good to restrict which clients can access folders, for example Admins could get access to the whole C:\FTP folder but anonymous could be restricted to C:\FTP\Anon, NDS could be restricted to C:\FTP\NDS, etc.

MdX MaxX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
MdX MaxX said:

Thanks for the input!
'Physical Path' is the path on your computer, e.g. 'C:\FTP\'
'Virtual Path' is the starting location the FTP clients see, e.g. '/'

So if the FTP client is on /NDS/Saves, the folder on the PC is actually C:\FTP\NDS\Saves
It's good to restrict which clients can access folders, for example Admins could get access to the whole C:\FTP folder but anonymous could be restricted to C:\FTP\Anon, NDS could be restricted to C:\FTP\NDS, etc.
OH. Makes sense. I found the original files in my Downloads folder, which is where the SmallFTPd executable is located. The folder is just so cluttered than I didn't see it. That, and I expected it to be in C:\Temp. Thanks!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MdX MaxX said:
OH. Makes sense. I found the original files in my Downloads folder, which is where the SmallFTPd executable is located. The folder is just so cluttered than I didn't see it. That, and I expected it to be in C:\Temp. Thanks!
Ahhhh ok.
So if it can't find the folder you have it set up to, it saves it to the folder with SmallFTPd.

Looks like we all learned a something.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning