Where did I go wrong?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Skyline969, Nov 19, 2009.

Nov 19, 2009

Where did I go wrong? by Skyline969 at 1:52 AM (1,318 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Ok, I followed this guide to the letter (Update to 4.2 and Modify 4.2), and now I have a problem. I put in Wii Sports (it was the first ever disc ever put into the Wii) and the light flashed like it was going to load, but I didn't hear the drive spin at all. My wiimote also stopped responding. When I rebooted my Wii (ejected the disc first), I got an error the first time (tried again to reproduce the error and the error doesn't show up anymore). I went to the disc channel and inserted the disc, and both discs started spinning, but the wiimote stopped responding again. I ejected the disc and rebooted again. What's going on? Everything else seems to work fine. I did not install DVDX though, should I have?

Please keep in mind this is for a commercial game, Wii Sports. I haven't tried a burned game yet (but I have NeoGamma ready).

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    sounds like your drive was shot before you evened started the guide.

3. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Booting the game through NeoGamma works fine though. I just tested that. I booted to Homebrew Channel via Priiloader v0.1r15 and launched NeoGamma. If I go to the system menu, shit hits the fan and my wiimote stops working again.

INFO: My Wii is a LU72, if that makes a difference. It was on 4.1U before I started updating.

EDIT: And noob question time, now that I've done the hacking, can I delete Trucha Bug Restorer, WAD Manager (will I ever use it again?), AnyTitle Deleter DB, and Priiloader 0.1r15? I'm assuming Priiloader is installed to my NAND, and as long as I have hacks.ini on the root of my SD card it should work. Then again, I'm probably wrong.

EDIT(2): I failed to mention, the only hacks that are on in Priiloader are Block Disc Updates and Block Online Updates. My settings are as follows:
    Autoboot: Disabled
    Return to: System Menu
    Shutdown to: off
    Stop disc: off
    Light slot on error: off
    Ignore standby setting: off
    Use System Menu IOS: off
    IOS to use for SM: 70

4. xzxero

United States
    you can delete TBR, wad manager, atd, and priiloader and the hacks.ini

change
    autoboot: system menu
    system menu IOS: on

5. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Someone else had this exact same problem not too long ago. it's one of your Preloader hacks. Disable them until you find out which it is.

6. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    I just followed your guide, and it said to make sure the system menu boots from IOS70 or something similar, but if System Menu IOS is on, the option to choose which IOS disappears. As for enabling an autoboot, I'm assuming that skips Priiloader at boot. If I need to get back to Priiloader then, how would I go about doing that (say I somehow bricked my Wii)?

And I plan on installing something to enable USB loading if I have one of the unfortunate Wiis that can't load DVD-Rs, do I need Wad Manager for that?

Again, I apologize for the noob questions. At least we can get a decent exchange - you got any PSP hacking questions, ask me. [​IMG]

7. xzxero

United States
    you hold reset while turning on your wii to get into priiloader

if you followed my guide then its ready for usb loading
    http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...chers/iso/extra

8. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Ah, alright.
    I followed your thread, and didn't set it up for USB loading unless it did it and I didn't even realize it. I'll check that link after class, and prepare my Wii for USB loading. Apparently it's my model of Wii and above that have the dreaded drive that won't read DVD-Rs.