MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I followed this guide to the letter (Update to 4.2 and Modify 4.2), and now I have a problem. I put in Wii Sports (it was the first ever disc ever put into the Wii) and the light flashed like it was going to load, but I didn't hear the drive spin at all. My wiimote also stopped responding. When I rebooted my Wii (ejected the disc first), I got an error the first time (tried again to reproduce the error and the error doesn't show up anymore). I went to the disc channel and inserted the disc, and both discs started spinning, but the wiimote stopped responding again. I ejected the disc and rebooted again. What's going on? Everything else seems to work fine. I did not install DVDX though, should I have?

Please keep in mind this is for a commercial game, Wii Sports. I haven't tried a burned game yet (but I have NeoGamma ready).

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Booting the game through NeoGamma works fine though. I just tested that. I booted to Homebrew Channel via Priiloader v0.1r15 and launched NeoGamma. If I go to the system menu, shit hits the fan and my wiimote stops working again.

INFO: My Wii is a LU72, if that makes a difference. It was on 4.1U before I started updating.

EDIT: And noob question time, now that I've done the hacking, can I delete Trucha Bug Restorer, WAD Manager (will I ever use it again?), AnyTitle Deleter DB, and Priiloader 0.1r15? I'm assuming Priiloader is installed to my NAND, and as long as I have hacks.ini on the root of my SD card it should work. Then again, I'm probably wrong.

EDIT(2): I failed to mention, the only hacks that are on in Priiloader are Block Disc Updates and Block Online Updates. My settings are as follows:
Autoboot: Disabled
Return to: System Menu
Shutdown to: off
Stop disc: off
Light slot on error: off
Ignore standby setting: off
Use System Menu IOS: off
IOS to use for SM: 70

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Booting the game through NeoGamma works fine though. I just tested that. I booted to Homebrew Channel via Priiloader v0.1r15 and launched NeoGamma. If I go to the system menu, shit hits the fan and my wiimote stops working again.

INFO: My Wii is a LU72, if that makes a difference. It was on 4.1U before I started updating.

EDIT: And noob question time, now that I've done the hacking, can I delete Trucha Bug Restorer, WAD Manager (will I ever use it again?), AnyTitle Deleter DB, and Priiloader 0.1r15? I'm assuming Priiloader is installed to my NAND, and as long as I have hacks.ini on the root of my SD card it should work. Then again, I'm probably wrong.

EDIT(2): I failed to mention, the only hacks that are on in Priiloader are Block Disc Updates and Block Online Updates. My settings are as follows:
Autoboot: Disabled
Return to: System Menu
Shutdown to: off
Stop disc: off
Light slot on error: off
Ignore standby setting: off
Use System Menu IOS: off
IOS to use for SM: 70
you can delete TBR, wad manager, atd, and priiloader and the hacks.ini

change
autoboot: system menu
system menu IOS: on

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone else had this exact same problem not too long ago. it's one of your Preloader hacks. Disable them until you find out which it is.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
Someone else had this exact same problem not too long ago. it's one of your Preloader hacks. Disable them until you find out which it is.
It must be Disable Disc Update. It's the only logical one, as only the two I mentioned are on. But if I don't turn that on, what if a newer game tries to update my Wii? I've read on here countless times that someone bricked their Wii while installing a disc update accidentally.

QUOTE(xzxero @ Nov 19 2009, 01:31 AM) you can delete TBR, wad manager, atd, and priiloader and the hacks.ini

change
I just followed your guide, and it said to make sure the system menu boots from IOS70 or something similar, but if System Menu IOS is on, the option to choose which IOS disappears. As for enabling an autoboot, I'm assuming that skips Priiloader at boot. If I need to get back to Priiloader then, how would I go about doing that (say I somehow bricked my Wii)?

And I plan on installing something to enable USB loading if I have one of the unfortunate Wiis that can't load DVD-Rs, do I need Wad Manager for that?

Again, I apologize for the noob questions. At least we can get a decent exchange - you got any PSP hacking questions, ask me.
tongue.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
FenrirWolf said:
It must be Disable Disc Update. It's the only logical one, as only the two I mentioned are on. But if I don't turn that on, what if a newer game tries to update my Wii? I've read on here countless times that someone bricked their Wii while installing a disc update accidentally.

QUOTE(xzxero @ Nov 19 2009, 01:31 AM) you can delete TBR, wad manager, atd, and priiloader and the hacks.ini

change
I just followed your guide, and it said to make sure the system menu boots from IOS70 or something similar, but if System Menu IOS is on, the option to choose which IOS disappears. As for enabling an autoboot, I'm assuming that skips Priiloader at boot. If I need to get back to Priiloader then, how would I go about doing that (say I somehow bricked my Wii)?

And I plan on installing something to enable USB loading if I have one of the unfortunate Wiis that can't load DVD-Rs, do I need Wad Manager for that?

Again, I apologize for the noob questions. At least we can get a decent exchange - you got any PSP hacking questions, ask me.
tongue.gif
you hold reset while turning on your wii to get into priiloader

if you followed my guide then its ready for usb loading
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...chers/iso/extra

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
you hold reset while turning on your wii to get into priiloader

if you followed my guide then its ready for usb loading
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...chers/iso/extra
Ah, alright.
I followed your thread, and didn't set it up for USB loading unless it did it and I didn't even realize it. I'll check that link after class, and prepare my Wii for USB loading. Apparently it's my model of Wii and above that have the dreaded drive that won't read DVD-Rs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw