Where Can I Get A GBA & Explorer Pak?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Eco, Oct 9, 2008.

Oct 9, 2008
  1. Eco
    OP

Newcomer Eco Newbie

Australia
    Hey,

I've just got a dstt and i got to admit it pretty good. [​IMG]

I wanted to get some GBA Games for it but i cant without a GBA & Explorer Pak. I Think? :S

Just Like Give Me A Link or Something Where I Could Buy One.

Thanks Guys.

2. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Welcome to GBAtemp!

What do you mean by Explorer?

Are you referring to the memory EXPANDER required for the Opera Broaser or the GBA EXPLOADER program which allows you to write GBA games to the GBA flashcart?

The EZflash 3in1 allows you to play GBA games, acts as an expansion memory for the Opera Browser and can be set as rumble to vibrate in some NDS games. And this store has the cheapest choice if you want to buy a flashcart that allows you to play GBA games. Shipping is absolutely free.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

This one fits flush into the Nintendo DS Lite.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15778

This one does the exact same except it's designed to fit into a phat DS or a Gameboy Advance.

The ExpLoader program has to be put on the DSTT memory along with the GBA ROMs. It can be downloaded from here.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2482

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The expansion pak that is sometimes bundled with the DSTT is the exact same as the eWin 2-in-1 expansion pak (in fact, it says "eWin" on it).

They are relatively difficult to find nowadays, but I believe zhuzhuchina.com has them (the owner zhuzhuchina is a member of this forum and you can PM him for more information).

The EZFlash 3-in-1 Searinox mentioned works just as well with the DSTT and is more readily available. There are some differences between the eWin and the EZFlash (EZFlash has a crappy rumble built-in and both fast volatile and slow NOR memory, but the eWin has more of the faster volatile memory and is slightly easier to use because it only has one memory type to worry about), but not enough that you should have any serious reservations about one over the other.

If you're concerned that the eWin doesn't have a built-in rumble (you shouldn't be -- rumble sucks), eWin also makes a separate rumble pak which costs around $4 and is better than the one built into the EZFlash 3-in-1.

-Bri

4. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Well the Aussie dollar sucks atm($1 AUD = $0.643 USD)

So you might want to buy it from bamboo gaming $25AUD.

Or if you want it really fast you can always order it from OzModChips $37.50AUD

I miss the days when the Aussie dollar was almost par with US dollar.