Hacking Where can I find Gateway 2.01B files?

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm a new user to GW. For the past few weeks I've enjoyed a nice stable ride with GW 2.02B but these reports of bricking and a supposed bricking code inserted into 2.02B with a random date generator is getting me a bit worried.

I have a Fire Emblem save on my 3DS's SD Card.

1. How can I revert my 3DS to 2.01b?
2. Where can I find the 2.01b files (they aren't online anywhere)
3. Will my FE:A save still work?

Also, is it possible to completely remove GW from your 3DS and go down the retail route of buying games and updating the firmware as normal without any risk later on?

Thank you.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. simply exchange the launcher.dat from 2.0b2 with the 2.0b1 launcher.dat
2. go to gateway page and select the 2.0b2 download, simply rename the url to 2.0b1 and you will download the old launcher,dat
3. yeah it should, but be aware of the save bug in 2.0b1! to test, whether or not it works, start a game, then leave it via home -> exit, if the 3ds crashes, then you had the bug, if you can leave the game without crashng, then you are safe for this session and can just start the game and then play normaly and save (ofc dont forget home -> exit in the end)

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
2. go to gateway page and select the 2.0b2 download, simply rename the url to 2.0b1 and you will download the old launcher,dat
3. yeah it should, but be aware of the save bug in 2.0b1! to test, whether or not it works, start a game, then leave it via home -> exit, if the 3ds crashes, then you had the bug, if you can leave the game without crashng, then you are safe for this session and can just start the game and then play normaly and save (ofc dont forget home -> exit in the end)

so I don't need to use the blue card at all?

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
does that mean that as long as the 3DS remains on (and the exploit is not executed again) that the 'session' will always be fine? and will not crash at a later time?

Axel Killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will you lose your saves if your downgrade? and will you get bricked if your on GW 7.1 i wanta down grade but i dont wanta brick my 3ds in the process it seems to be fine but i wanta be safe not sorry

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
does that mean that as long as the 3DS remains on (and the exploit is not executed again) that the 'session' will always be fine? and will not crash at a later time?

correct

edit: oh and it is not the freeze bug when executing the launcher.dat
so not getting a freeze after executing the exploit does not mean you are safe already, you really have to start a game and leave it to see, whether that annoying bug is there or not...
2.0b1 was damn annoying with all its little bugs, but at least it's supposedly safer then 2.0b2 right now, I'm sticking with 2.0b2, though, at least it wont freeze like every 2nd time, I try to load the gateway mode

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
edit: oh and it is not the freeze bug when executing the launcher.dat
so not getting a freeze after executing the exploit does not mean you are safe already, you really have to start a game and leave it to see, whether that annoying bug is there or not...
2.0b1 was damn annoying with all its little bugs, but at least it's supposedly safer then 2.0b2 right now, I'm sticking with 2.0b2, though, at least it wont freeze like every 2nd time, I try to load the gateway mode​
Note sure if I was clear; If I can start the game, do some stuff, save, home+x -- then it does not crash/hang/whatever it's doing -- If I start the game directly again without turning off the 3DS, can the crash/hang/etc still happen on exit? or because it didn't do it once, it wont again? or is it somewhat random?​
Is there a link or a thread I can read on this subject?​

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Note sure if I was clear; If I can start the game, do some stuff, save, home+x -- then it does not crash/hang/whatever it's doing -- If I start the game directly again without turning off the 3DS, can the crash/hang/etc still happen on exit? or because it didn't do it once, it wont again? or is it somewhat random?
Is there a link or a thread I can read on this subject?

Just get off the new firmware, no one really knows exactly what causes it. Revert to 1.2 or 2.0b1.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Eurasia.nu is your friend >.> for the old gateway firmwares
and I got this issue too format emunand and use a new one if you need to go back to 2.0b1 or 1.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: