Where are DSIware save files located?

Kolina2901

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I'm looking to backup a couple DSIware saves, particularly for use on MelonDS, and I'm not sure where the files are stored, there's a set of .pub files from when I used these in TwilightMenu, but I hadn't had much luck working with those.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
On NAND they should be in twln:/titles/00030004/[TITLE ID]/data named public.sav, private.sav, and banner.sav. Most games don't have all three but they could.

From TWiLight Menu++ the .pub file is the public.sav and the .prv is the private.sav file. banner.sav is not currently supported. So when importing to melonDS just import those files, you might just need to rename them to the names melonDS uses if it doesn't support those extensions.

Edit: I checked and yeah melonDS just doesn't currently support importing those extensions without switching to All Files instead of Game Title Data in the file selector. Either switch that dropdown or rename the files.

I've opened a PR, #1558, to allow the use of those extensions as they're pretty standard among homebrew.

Last edited by Pk11,
Reactions: CoolMe

Kolina2901

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
On NAND they should be in twln:/titles/00030004/[TITLE ID]/data named public.sav, private.sav, and banner.sav. Most games don't have all three but they could.

From TWiLight Menu++ the .pub file is the public.sav and the .prv is the private.sav file. banner.sav is not currently supported. So when importing to melonDS just import those files, you might just need to rename them to the names melonDS uses if it doesn't support those extensions.

Edit: I checked and yeah melonDS just doesn't currently support importing those extensions without switching to All Files instead of Game Title Data in the file selector. Either switch that dropdown or rename the files.

I've opened a PR, #1558, to allow the use of those extensions as they're pretty standard among homebrew.

Do DSIware saves save in the same folder as normal DS saves? I dumped a few normal DS saves and those worked, but DSIware didn't generate even when I tried loading some new ones (FSA always corrupts even if I load a new save without imports), though I'm not sure if DSIware just saves weird in Melon or if it's something on my end.

Kolina2901

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
They have their own folder (sd:/roms/dsi/saves), unless you store your DSi games with the DS ones( sd:/roms/nds)..
In Melon? I did set the paths for saves but I didn't see anything for DSI, same when I check the rom folder where I store it. I do have SD card support enabled but I didn't see anything for that either.

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sorry for replying to a dead thread but how do you import the public.sav to melon? export too.
dsiware saves dont appear in my folders

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
sorry for replying to a dead thread but how do you import the public.sav to melon? export too.
dsiware saves dont appear in my folders
In the DSi title manager (System -> Manage DSi Titles) it should have an import option that'll let you import .sav or .pub files. I don't have melonDS set up atm so not sure the exact steps, but it should be there.

Reactions: Stardust3033

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the DSi title manager (System -> Manage DSi Titles) it should have an import option that'll let you import .sav or .pub files. I don't have melonDS set up atm so not sure the exact steps, but it should be there.
yeah i JUST saw it as soon as i sent my message. tysm for the reply anyway thats awesome :D

Kolina2901

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I actually got it solved too, turns out the black sceens are cause Melon hit the internal limit on DSIware titles in the NAND, so clearing some of those allowed for importing and playing just fine. The limit iirc was around 10 titles on average.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.