WHEN will there be online functionalty

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Dominator211, May 21, 2017.

1. Dominator211
    OP

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
    right now im playing mc switch edition with someone and we are doing the sign talking that you would do in xbox 360 when someone had no MIC when will there be a chat fetaure for the switch this is killing me right noe

2. whateverg1012

whateverg1012 Gravity Queen

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Hekseville
    Yeah, online on the Switch is horrible. Maybe they are waiting to include these features when the paid online service comes out? If not expect people to be really pissed about having to pay 30 bucks for no extra features and just mediocre online.

3. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    You can use an alternative like Skype, or wait for their new communication app to come out (Basically like any other type of chat program with microphone support.)

The features might be planned for later at some point though.

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    just use your phone :creep:

Holy-Freak likes this.
  5. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Summer/fall of 2017.
    We have nothing to say at this time....
    Lol....
    But yea we dont really know. It should be coming soon. How good will it be we have no clue.
    I dont care alot about online chat. I never use it. Only ever used it for destiny on the ps4. All other games people know what to do any no need to talk.

So we will see how nintendo handels this

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    mk8d with voice chat would be horrible, everyone would insult everyone whener they are destroyed since its not a co op or team game but a free for all.

7. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    A lot like voice chat in any game. That's why I'm happy it's of course optional.

8. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    I play my Nintendo games locally. Like a sane person. :o

F'real though. Ninty best know what they're doing.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I don't give a shit about Minecraft, but they're supposed to release their smartphone based voice communication before fall. Which I actually kind of prefer, because it lets me keep the game audio and the voicechat separate and lets me easily opt out (I don't like voicechat much at all :P )
    I can see why it might be important to some people though. I have no good solution to those people. But the smartphone app based solution seems like it would be workable for most. It's not a great solution, but unless you don't have a smartphone, it shouldn't really be an issue, right?