Gaming When will the GBA die?

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, no i think gbatemp will always be gbatemp.

hell yeah! this is sparta! or gbatemp hopefully this site will keep the gba name alive indefinitely
biggrin.gif

pikirika

Trophies
XP
Country
There will be another GBA - it will be as small as the micro, or maybe a little larger. It will have a very large screen compared to the size of the whole console; and will look like it will feel awkward in your hands. It of course will not, and will fit perfectly. I'll have a D-pad (no analog) 2 shoulder buttons, start, select, and x,y,a,b. It'll use the same gpu and cpu as the ds, but will not be reverse compatable - of course it will have built in wifi and a front end, not unlike the ds currently. The big difference people will be shocked to see is that it wont have cartridges, and you wont be able to buy cartridges for it in retail shops. Everything will be by download, and it'll have plethora of classic games (and some new ones - but mostly rely on the appeal of old games). There will however be a slot for an SD card, which much to the dismay of gamers everywhere will function exactly like the Wii's SD card, in that you can't actually run games off it. You will however be able to run MP3's off the SD card.
Since not very much shelf space will be needed for it - you'll start to see it pop up in places where you never expected to see a game system.
Places like convience stores, cell phone trollys in the centre of the mall, maybe even beside the chocolate bars as you check out at target.
This will supprt the DS even further as it'll get people to pick up video game systems on a whim, and as you paruse the online shop they can swiftly remind you that Wii Health Pack is now available on the Wii, as is Brain Training 2 on the DS Lite. I suspect a movement away from games that we enjoy on the most part (kirby's zelda's mario's etc) on the DS and have them on this new GB, as a touch screen or a second screen is not really needed for those types of games.
This thing will be cheap, less than $100, maybe even less than $80. It'll be announced next month at E3 (I think this is the big console announcement) and Reggie will also say they are hoping to have it ready for Christmas - which it will be - but the launch will feel rushed - and it will take a while to gain momentum - not unlike the DS did 3 years ago.

Not yet, Sir.

vapour99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
blink.gif
umm im pretty sure that the NES hasn't got anything new. or anything neing sold (manufacturing of cartridges)

and no, it dosen't. the GBA will lurk in the shadows of the gaming industry, gobbling up innocent crappy movie spinoffs.
dry.gif

all while I am playing homebrew and browsing the internet on my DS.
happy.gif

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems like this thread will never die
biggrin.gif
its almost 6 months!!! and people still come in here and post their piece
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
umm im pretty sure that the NES hasn't got anything new. or anything neing sold (manufacturing of cartridges)

and no, it dosen't. the GBA will lurk in the shadows of the gaming industry, gobbling up innocent crappy movie spinoffs.
dry.gif
Â

all while I am playing homebrew and browsing the internet on my DS.Â
happy.gif
Actually the odd NES cartridge is still being made, they are not "official" however but people are still making games for it. Hell new C64 games are still being sold.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When Pokemon dies because seriously... so many DS Pokemon games have been released on both GBA and DS and since we all know Pokemon will never die GBA will never die ;P

And yea emu's will live on forever I still play NES and SNES games and GBA has so many memorable games ^^
I still play GBA games on my DS ;D

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBA DIES NOW!!!!!!!!! lol jk
If you mean the game system, for me, it's dead. But officially probably when the around January to when the next handheld comes out.

BUT THE GAMES WILL NEVER DIE!
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU