GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
depends how u define death.
for me, i just discovered GBA, and i'm starting on Boktai series!
The sun is in my hand!
(do u get the pun? sun == sun in boktai && sun == GBA/DS)

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unlike certain current nexgen consoles, I doubt GBA will ever die. In fact, I still have my working GB mono from back when they were released... of course, they will eventually stop producing games for it, but like the discontinued dreamcast there are still new games being produced at the rate of a few per year.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The GBA is outselling the PS3, for example... Okay, that doesn't mean sales are going well, of course, but it's better than nothing
laugh.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
The gba wont ever die, its too suitable of a platform. As long as there are people who love the 8/16bit era, games will always be produced for it.
besides, it cant die untill golden sun 3 comes out.
laugh.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It will live long enough for GBA games to became retrogaming classics. And then the sales will pick up again, because if GBA games are all the rage again, the original console will be far more cool than any emulator
happy.gif

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen someone play a GBA for a year or so. Pretty much everyone at school has taken the upgrade.

i got 4 people to buy GBA's about 6 months ago, and i just got 7 others to buy GBA micro's in just this past month. so for the younger kids, DS is where its at, but for older kids, 25-35 :] micro rocks.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that the GBA is just about dead now. If you look on www.play-asia.com, there are only two GBA games slated for release.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that the GBA is just about dead now. If you look on www.play-asia.com, there are only two GBA games slated for release.

Well on other retail sites theres quite a bit more plus more games have been announced Enchanted and the next Spyro game. THQ and EA have a few movie based titles each to come too. Nothing special really but I guess GBA games are still shifting enough for new games to be announced, its a shame that original titles are basically dead.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
well first consider what is going to die, the GBA console or games
Games-Not anytime soon
Console- Maybe this year or next
Game could be played in the DS and the DS itself has become a teenage gaming system not an entertainment system unlike Gba where u play simple games to pass yer time. If u think that GBA is going to die due to gamers getting exhausted with it then those who still have the console lying around will play small games to pass their time like the kids
It's like this GBA is at it's very last adult stage gaining lots of profit but PS3 is still a child starting to get the fame and money that it wants. PS3 will not start quick since price and many RUMORS that came about but later on it will be like the PS2 which i believe is going to be a very long lasting console.
Back to the question hehe, Gba console maybe will die next year but games not very likely to die soon plus homebrew will keep it going and make it more entertaining (not gaming).
well that's what i think about it and it may seem a little silly but gba won't die in terms of it's games and people forgetting about it.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
What Nintendo should do if they want to keep the GBA active is to bring out a USB Device which will let you play your GBA games on your Wii, and then introduce the Virtual Handheld system.

Or possibly a new GBA which has Wi-Fi support, where you could download old GBA games via a download service a la VC. You could include a strip down basic version of the opera browser and add support for an SD Card (like the MP3 Player). I think it would do somewhat well and definitely add life to the GBA for a while.

GBA will live into 2008. Not much longer then 2008, but 2008.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBA died once we realized that we were getting collectively short-dicked by the Mother 3 translation teams who posted 90+% progress and now it's "Oh, no sorry guys, we not really that close and we're like, teaming up and stuff".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1