Hacking When was the most recent email response from Team Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You know I think they are waiting for the release of Yoshi's New Island to make sure it works on the new GW update. I think it will be released shortly after that. They will only get a flurry of emails if it did not work like the Pokemon X/Y! There would be major disappointment for a lot of GW fans if it did not work.

Nope. Assume yoshi does not work with new GW update. They would then have to strive to make it work which would result in delays. The delays GW currently have are highly unlikely due to compatibility reasons. I'm guessing they are refining their brick code. Seems like MT-card supposedly bypassed the brick code.

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 128GB cards comes Saturday, I probably never should have bought it, I just checked my 3DS roms folder and it's only about 20GB lol.

Not like GW supports it.
GW did confirm the highest they can get to right now is 64.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
My 128GB cards comes Saturday, I probably never should have bought it, I just checked my 3DS roms folder and it's only about 20GB lol.
Simples. Download more games :P I have about 60 odd GB of 3ds roms

Not like GW supports it.
GW did confirm the highest they can get to right now is 64.
Meh. It's probably just a file system support. Format a 128gb to FAT32 and you're golden. Its not like the 128gb is different from 64gb (compared to 2gb and 4gb SDHC anyway)

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What people don't realize here is that Gateway is just another flashcart company that's in it for the money.
Most flashcarts become better after the user base starts programming stuff for it, not because of the flashcart teams great efforts to supply users with great features.
Look at Acekard with AKAIO, that's what made it great. Same goes for R4 (GOLD/DSN) Wood made it great. Supercard also with the improved emulators, made by you guessed it a user, not a flashcart team programmer, although they are the only one left with decent support to keep the card working, which I think is rather strange as the DS is dead game wise. They are probably working on a 3DS flashcart right now and only keep up support to keep their user base when their 3DS card comes out, which will almost certainly mean the DSTWO won't receive updates any longer after that.

When one flashcart company figures out how to get to run 3DS games on the latest firmwares and are able to update that with every update, people will flock to that and call them the greatest company.

I never understood peoples trust in flashcart companies, you just can't trust them. Most even made new versions just so people would have to buy them to get them to work on newer firmwares, i.e. purely for profit.
Other flashcart companies just went up in smoke and left the user base of a good flashcart with a dead card, like the CycloDS, for example.

Just stop trusting them, they don't really care about their users, they just try to keep them happy enough so their sales go up, nothing more nothing less.
If you believe otherwise I think you are not a smart man.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So whatif GW doesn't release 2.0 then you will use 1 ROM for the 128GB MicroSD?

I'll always have a use for a microsd card.

Either way if Gateway doesn't ever release 2.0 I'll probably just sell it and buy an MT-card.

LeomelsonBato

Trophies
XP
Country
What people don't realize here is that Gateway is just another flashcart company that's in it for the money.

Who cares if they want money, they deserve those money.. The only reason i bought a 3ds is because i want to pirate and play region free games.. And Gateway 3ds already does that.. and with Multi Rom and Online support.. Gateway 3ds is already perfect... btw i trust them from the start but that doesn't matter i even trust the Crown3DS.. lol..:P

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

Sorry to say m8ty I think you have wasted your monies GW did say in there last statement it worked upto 64GB! 128's will not work m8.

Wish Titanfall would come out for the Xbox One that is what I want at the moment it does look so good!!! :)

* Gateway 2.0 has been successfully tested with the highest capacity microSD cards currently on the market (64GB).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
that just says they have tested with 64GB card, no mention of 128GB not working........try writing a rom on now and see if it plays, if it runs on b1/b2 there shouldn't be any reason for it not to work on 2.0 final when its out, it all just depends on if the gateway card is capable of reading the SD card, from other peoples tests even 64 GB cards appear to be a bit hit n miss atm, but that not to say gateway couldn't improve compatibility

im no expert on the matter but if someone already has they card, i don't see any harm in giving it a test

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that just says they have tested with 64GB card, no mention of 128GB not working........try writing a rom on now and see if it plays, if it runs on b1/b2 there shouldn't be any reason for it not to work on 2.0 final when its out, it all just depends on if the gateway card is capable of reading the SD card, from other peoples tests even 64 GB cards appear to be a bit hit n miss atm, but that not to say gateway couldn't improve compatibility

im no expert on the matter but if someone already has they card, i don't see any harm in giving it a test

I think that is not a proper test. You have to fill the first like 64-120GB with stuff and then put a rom on it - to make sure you can access the full capacity.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think that is not a proper test. You have to fill the first like 64-120GB with stuff and then put a rom on it - to make sure you can access the full capacity.
yeah but it would at least give a small indication whilst people wait, if its not read at all i wouldn't really expect much in terms of compatibility for 2.0 final

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands

That wouldn't work either. The MicroSD card gets flashed with the data of a 1:1 rip. This means that it's Card>Data and nothing else. Not even empty space.

The real test could only be done once Gateway releases 2.0, because nobody knows if they use exFAT or an other filesystem.

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wouldn't work either. The MicroSD card gets flashed with the data of a 1:1 rip. This means that it's Card>Data and nothing else. Not even empty space.

The real test could only be done once Gateway releases 2.0, because nobody knows if they use exFAT or an other filesystem.

Windows requires additional drivers for HDDs above 2TB.
GW only made drivers to 64GB.
128 might work, but I'd rather not gamble my money.

Reactions: Skelletonike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good afternoon