When using USB MODE, it shows internal flash on my computer, instaed o

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by test84, Sep 9, 2009.

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,

I'm using a USB cable to transfer data to and from a PSP slim. Everything was working that suddenly it shows a 25MiG drive (which I think is called flash0 and is internal flash memory of PSP) instead of showing contents of my memory stick due.

What should I do?

It happened once before but it fixed suddenly but this time its persistent.

Thank you guys in advance for your help and caring. [​IMG]

2. test84
    OP

Iran
    Oh I fixed it with help of this site:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t432593-brows...nts_in_usb_mode

Thanks. Sorry to bother, this PSP is borrowed and I was very worried about it and posted without searching first. feel free if you have to delete it or add it to the FAQ section.

-test84.

p.s. I love GBAtemp.

3. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    um yeah... dont touch anything in the flashes, or the psp will cause an nuclear explosion, (bad brick)

4. test84
    OP

Iran
    One more thing, in the recovery menu, there is a USB charge which looks awesome but I think it doesnt stop after it fully charges the PSP and thus makes it unuable, am I right?

What is its "skip sony psp screen"? I enabled it but it still shows PSP's logo on game loads.

5. themuddaload

United States
    skip loading screen skips the playstation logo when you first boot up your psp. dunno why urs isnt working, maybe if its a custom theme? usb charge works ok, dont know why you think its unusable.

6. test84
    OP

Iran
    I'm not using the USB charger since it doesnt stop charging even the battery is fully charged.

7. themuddaload

United States
    it never actually stops charging anyways... aparently theres a bug that doesnt change the led back from orange to green, thats all.

if you have your psp plugged into the wall and are playing while charging, when the light turns green it is still drawing power from the outlet, not using the battery.

if you dont believe me check it out using cwcheat ingame.

8. test84
    OP

Iran
    It doesn't stop charging or charging stops after the full charge but just the LED doesn't change back to green? As you know there is a big difference there, if its still charging even though its full, that would harm the battery.

and how should I check it with cwcheat that you mentioned?

9. themuddaload

United States
    eh i dont know... i wouldnt worry about it bro... but i dont play games stuck to my computer anyways...

if you use cwcheat during a game, it says what battery percentage you have, as well as the voltage, if you plug your battery into the wall, and look at the voltage while charging, then wait till the light is green, it should be pretty much the same voltage.

idunno, i wouldnt worry about it.

10. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For me, if the PSP finishes charging, it changes green. Also, I've had the PSP die twice from accidentally leaving it on while still plugged in. It died even in USB mode, after it finishes charging, I assume it either doesn't draw enough power or it doesn't draw power at all.

As for the charging cable, it turns green when it's done charging also but I'm not sure if it still draws power. Just to be safe, you should disconnect the cord.

Not sure about the CWCheat.

11. test84
    OP

Iran
    Thanks but we are talking about charging in USB mode with the recovery menu's hack.

12. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    I've never used the USB charge but play from the AC adapter usually. The PSP draws power for gaming from the cable and not the battery, so whenever it's plugged in to a power source the light is Orange. I really wouldn't worry about overcharging, and since Sony introduced the USB charge automatically starting in later firmwares the recovery menu option is redundant.