Hacking When is your Wii Mod-chip arriving?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, tell us how the soldering went. Did you have any problems? More info!

Thanks

soldering is just like the qoob/viper modchip on the gamecube, very easy if you soldered before.
i closed my wii and it worked fine first try. never had any dre errors and finished a few games already.

you can only play wii games from the region your wii is from, so i can only play pal wii games on my wii.
but i can play ntsc gamecube backups by loading gcos and then swapping for an ntsc gamecube game.

and no this trick does not work for wii games because gcos boots in gc mode and not wii mode
smile.gif

AustinS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered from modchipstore.com so far it has been a very pleasant experience. They are supposed to be receiving stock this Friday of Cyclowiz's. Hopefully mine ships on Friday also!

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sebastiaanborghstijn.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ordering a cyclowiz on sunday along with a dvd burner/50 dvds
biggrin.gif
Now I just need to find someone to solder it for me. If anyones from London and wants to help me out please PM me.

well i'm from the netherlands, but if you pay me and my girlfriend a planeticket i'm happy to solder for you
grog.gif

qaz76

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fiji
I got wiinja today and the install went smoothly. Its workin nicely but i think my wii dvd-drive is now lowder than before but i could be wrong. Double checked everything and didnt find any problems at all so i think its fine.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Lol, My wii always is a bit noisey for some reasons. I dont even know if i've got a compatable wii or not but im gunna play happy go lucky. I got mine 1 week after launch in the UK. If i get the chip and it comes down to the fact my wiis not compatable then i'll swap my wii or sell my modchip.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I got wiinja today and the install went smoothly. Its workin nicely but i think my wii dvd-drive is now lowder than before but i could be wrong. Double checked everything and didnt find any problems at all so i think its fine.
I wonder if you've put the DVD drive back in the case properly. If it's not seated properly then it might be vibrating and sounding louder.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wonder if you've put the DVD drive back in the case properly. If it's not seated properly then it might be vibrating and sounding louder.
If the burned disks are not good quality then it may be having to move the read head and spin up for longer to read, that can make extra noise.
Perhaps check with an original disc to confirm the problem.

qaz76

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fiji
If the burned disks are not good quality then it may be having to move the read head and spin up for longer to read, that can make extra noise.
Perhaps check with an original disc to confirm the problem.
Thats why i double-checked everything but didnt find anything wrong. Makes tha same sound with original too. Or i could imagine the whole thing
smile.gif
. All backups have played whine no problems at all thow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated