Hacking When is your Wii Mod-chip arriving?

Wober

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait a minute so 12F629 is rewritable..................
Does this means that we can update the chip??????
(with the correct code obviousely and a programmer).....

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait a minute so 12F629 is rewritable..................
Does this means that we can update the chip??????
(with the correct code obviousely and a programmer).....
It means the chip can be updated yes. HOWEVER if no update is released, you can't update (duh
tongue.gif
). Also you would have to re-open your Wii to do it. I'm not sure if it is possible but maybe the security bit on the Wiinja (like I said I don't know if that can be done on a re-writable chip) has been turned on.

Wober

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So when someone (I know it's difficult but is possible) releases the code we can hex-edit it.......
and put again the code in the chip...(if there isn't a Write-protection).

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont know anything about hex code and stuff, i just soldered it in my wii and it works
tongue.gif

Youkai: I can play PAL wii games (also german and french versions) and i can play ntsc and pal gc games on mini or normal size dvdr. What else do you want to know?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont know anything about hex code and stuff, i just soldered it in my wii and it works
tongue.gif

Youkai: I can play PAL wii games (also german and french versions) and i can play ntsc and pal gc games on mini or normal size dvdr. What else do you want to know?

how about NTSC Wii games ? i mainly need a mod chip for Japanese games ....

imsomebody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine came without label, it says:

12F629

Damn! I was hoping it would be a 12c508 as i still have a few blank ones left from the ps2 neo days and a programmer. Does this mean my chips and programmer will be usless? (providing the code actually gets released of corse)

i think most 12c508 programmer can do 12F629 as well, i got this http://www.melabs.com/products/epic.htm from old PSX days and it has a long list of supported PIC.

Phunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine came without label, it says:

12F629

Damn! I was hoping it would be a 12c508 as i still have a few blank ones left from the ps2 neo days and a programmer. Does this mean my chips and programmer will be usless? (providing the code actually gets released of corse)

i think most 12c508 programmer can do 12F629 as well, i got this http://www.melabs.com/products/epic.htm from old PSX days and it has a long list of supported PIC.

Yeah that looks pretty simuler to mine. If/When the Hex gets released do you think we will be able to put it on a 12c508 or is that a completly differant chip to the 12f629.

SilverAnalyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Oh, tell us how the soldering went. Did you have any problems? More info!

Thanks

fugazi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it arrived yesterday, im spanish, this morning i have installed it, easy installation with a 12w solder, problems with bervatim + R, everything fine with princo -R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s