Gaming When is Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI DS coming?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since they remade III and IV, it makes sense to make V and VI right? The question is, would V be able to make it by late 2009 and VI in late 2010?

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i'm not sure if square would remake these titles... i mean after all both of them had already been ported to GBA which means they are already on a portable console and well, they can be played on a DS for that matter (save DSi)... kinda makes me doubt square enix would bother investing so much time and effort on remaking it again

john25usa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
4 5 and 6 are remade on gba, i think its only a matter of time til 5 is announced and 6 will come in a year or 2. this is just an assumption, dont call this info accurate

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xoinx said:
i'm not sure if square would remake these titles... i mean after all both of them had already been ported to GBA which means they are already on a portable console and well, they can be played on a DS for that matter (save DSi)... kinda makes me doubt square enix would bother investing so much time and effort on remaking it again

Then why bother remaking IV then?

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i can almost guarantee they will be remade. squeenix likes rechurning out titles. it's an easy way to make a quick buck.

but the question is, when is VII being ported
smileipb2.png

TwilitSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about Final Fantasy V, since I guess it's not considered one of the greater FF's. However, VI is way too loved to be subjected to a relatively cheap 3D DS remake. I'd say if it ever has a 3D remake, it'd be for a more powerful console. That being said, this is my personal analysis on the subject, and I wouldn't mind just a very nice direct port of FFVI for the DS. Yeah, it had a "direct port" already to the gba (I own it), but I also read that many things had to be compromised for the gba version, like the music. I want everything perfectly intact for a portable
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1