When I was running Project64 1.7 My Computer got...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by raenef, Dec 18, 2009.

Dec 18, 2009
  1. raenef
    OP

Member raenef GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yesterday,I was running Project64 1.7 and I had Chrome Open.Well I was playing then I got the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) and then my Computer restarted by itself after that showed and then my computer was working fine.Just incase,I restarted it manually and it worked fine again.Well I was wondering is it safe to use Project64 again?I won't use Project64 1.7,I wanna use Project64 1.6.If I just have that opened and nothing else will I be safe? Or should I not use it anymore to be safe?

I know I posted another thread about this,but this is a different problem.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. jceggbert5

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    edit: IDK why I quoted you...

You might want to change the video plugin... Sometimes, when it communicates with your Video driver, they get into an argument and give you a BSOD...

3. raenef
    OP

United States
    Which 1 would you recommend?I have a Sony Vaio N-Series Laptop.I don't even think I have a Graphics Card,I think I have a Integrated 1...

To be more specific I have a Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family Integrated Card.

4. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Only worry about it if it happens again when you run PJ64.

If it keeps happening it could be down to a number of issues. A driver issue, in this case you would go to the intel website and see if there is an update for your 945 chipset, which is indeed an integrated gpu. While you are at it you could see if there is a driver for your sound card, and so on.

Overheating could also be another cause. 3D gaming stresses your components more, so make sure there is adequate ventilation.

5. raenef
    OP

United States
    Alright,Thanks! [​IMG]

6. jceggbert5

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    Just keep goin' down the list until one works... I have different results on different computers...

I once had that same graphics card, but my processor (CELERON!!!!) was WAY too slow... I could only run my games at about 15%...

I haven't used it in so long, that I forgot which ones there are [​IMG]

edit: If there's an OpenGL plugin, try that. If not, use the oldest version of Jabo'sDirect3D that is on the list...

7. raenef
    OP

United States

Would Jabo'sDirect3D6 1.5.2 be good?Also with Conker's BFD it says Notes (default plugins)and below that it says "[video] error(s):subscreen" what does that mean?

Thanks guys [​IMG]

8. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    It's been awhile since I used PJ64. I remember there being a game faq under the help button in the emulator. It explained alot of known issues that games would have.

I'd go for a direct3d plugin if you have an integrated intel gpu. They're lacking in opengl support. So Jabo'sDirect3D6 1.5.2 may do. I recal lthere being alternatives for download also. You should experiment and go with what plays better. [​IMG]

9. raenef
    OP

United States
    Alright,Thanks so much [​IMG]