Hacking When a disc wants to do a System Update

nicko68

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Wii is on System Menu 4.0U. I bought it a year and half ago, so was able to softmod it with BannerBomb, install HBC, Wanikoko's cios 38 as 249 and Herme's cios 37 as 223. I also have BootMii as boot2. I love this setup.

What do I do if I run a game off disc and it wants to do a System Update? This actually happened with Guitar Hero: Smash Hits. Do I install it and pray? (I did with GH:SH, and other than updating some IOS's, it didn't mess anything else up, thank goodness). Can Nintendo mess with BootMii or ios 223/249?

I know I can run games off HD only which I think skips update checks, but there are some I can't, like Rock Band because DLC doesn't work, and the timing gets messed up sometimes because of hard drive lag.

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use preloader v 0.29 to block updates, you can also use startpatch. I'm not the greatest at advising on how to install em, as I follow the excellent guides here on gbatemp. I've never had a game ask for an update since I have used preloader.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are numerous options at your disposal, but installing Preloader 0.29 would be your best bet...

It works alongside BootMii, and one of the hacks you can enable is to disable the update check when launching a disc. Very Handy. Enjoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: