D
Deleted User
Guest
I've been browsing romhacking.net and there seem to be a number of NES ROM hacks that do nothing but change the MMC chip used by the game.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2667/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2680/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2686/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2690/
I could go on...
I don't understand the purpose behind these hacks, though I've come up with several posibilities.
- It may allow romhackers to make more complex hacks
- It could be played on an emulator or flash cart that doesn't support the game's orginal MMC chip
- Someone making a repro cart can have an easier time finding an appropriate doner cart
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2667/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2680/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2686/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2690/
I could go on...
I don't understand the purpose behind these hacks, though I've come up with several posibilities.
- It may allow romhackers to make more complex hacks
- It could be played on an emulator or flash cart that doesn't support the game's orginal MMC chip
- Someone making a repro cart can have an easier time finding an appropriate doner cart






