Homebrew What's with all the memchunkhax2 forks?

Secret Dragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear this site is full of shitposters with no programming knowledge.

The exploit is known/documented but there is no use for the exploit yet. Someone needs to write a payload.

That's what most of the other forks are. Grab one and compile / run it yourself.

There are probably a couple of private payloads already available but you're not important enough to have access to them yet. That's how trickle down software dev works.

Last edited by Secret Dragoon,
Reactions: m_babble

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear this site is full of shitposters with no programming knowledge.

True, there's a lot of people that fall under that category, but it's also the best place to actually grab legitimate information.

There are probably a couple of private payloads already available but you're not important enough to have access to them yet. That's how trickle down software dev works.

You're right...but only kinda. The biggest reason this sort of thing is kept from the public at first is usually to idiot proof the process first before releasing (source: I'm a software dev myself, though I don't really dabble with 3ds stuff mainly because my C/C++ is pretty rusty). They don't usually hold onto stuff like that "just because" (as an exception, this does happen with consoles that don't have any good exploits released for them publicly sometimes because some developers feel that it's their place to protect someone else's console from piracy...I never understood this point of view, but it is what it is, and unfortunately it does happen).

Secret Dragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right...but only kinda. The biggest reason this sort of thing is kept from the public at first is usually to idiot proof the process first before releasing (source: I'm a software dev myself, though I don't really dabble with 3ds stuff mainly because my C/C++ is pretty rusty). They don't usually hold onto stuff like that "just because" (as an exception, this does happen with consoles that don't have any good exploits released for them publicly sometimes because some developers feel that it's their place to protect someone else's console from piracy...I never understood this point of view, but it is what it is, and unfortunately it does happen).

Yes I'm a software developer as well and you didn't say anything that I don't disagree with. I just don't care enough about the 3DS to provide any assistance.

That being said, I'm off to go brick my 2DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT