whats up!!

slimjimz81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello people i really luv tha site , and i was just wondering what you guys think is tha best/user frendly card to get i think my son messed up my R4ds, my *** 3n1 ezflash *** still works but i never figured how to get it to save..so any suggestions would work slot 1 or 2...thanks guys
grog.gif
**sorry about that**

vidgamfan

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm new here...(too...)

i don't know where to properly introducde myself. since this is on top of the list, i guess fate has it, this is the spot...

if not already apparent, i'm vidgamfan. my console choice is wii. (i am experiencing an unsteady peace of mind, on my console of choice.) since i played mario bros, i've already been a vidgamfan. i never bought a sony game console (as of yet). i bought xbox(1) over gamecube, 'cause of wind waker's, freakish, reptilian eyes (of link) on paper. but, mind you, i love 'wind waker' on wii. (not finished it yet though. busy playing mario galaxy.) ...i think that's too much of me now.

slimjimz81, i don't have a ds or an expert on the topic, but as of what i see around, R4s for the DS are great. (i think i owe big-n an apology...)

my wii's settings option is now inaccessible (after i did the mario kart update). i read someone having the same problem as i, somewhere here. i tried to search her/his post to see her/his name but i think that's gonna take me time (i'll search later, again). i hope anyone having this same problem to worry about contact me, send me email (pm). ([email protected]) i'm not very electronically oriented but i welcome any technical suggestions, same for friendly replies.

great day to see a fellow videogame enthusiast, slimjimz81. here hoping to correspond with you.

good day to y'all :-)

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Hey, Welcome to GBATemp, nice to meet you.. I only have an r4 so i don't really know any user friendly cards.. The r4, i guess is alright but by the way it sounds like your son buggered it up, i wouldn't really say its user friendly.... Anyway, welcome, I hope you enjoy!!
tongue.gif

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Group: Newcomers
Member No.: 104,261
------------------------------
Get another r4... it's the modchip I use and I've never had any problem with it. How did your son mess it up?
Welcome to GBATemp!

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FaRReR said:

Group: Newcomers
Member No.: 104,261
------------------------------
Get another r4... it's the modchip I use and I've never had any problem with it. How did your son mess it up?
Welcome to GBATemp!

You have no room to talk, newb ...

And an R4 is a cart, not a modchip ...

Posts merged

@ slimjimz81 : get an Acekard 2 ... you'll get more for your money, than you would with buying an over-priced replacement R4 ...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get an CycloDS Evolution, I have had ZERO problems with it and every game works for me.

vidgamfan

Trophies
XP
Country
(nobody has sent me help (email) yet. sad.)

hello to TheWingless, SavageWaffle and bosscolor.

I can play my wii, mario kart wii and other titles on it, only, i can't access the settings option. my wii's memory saves works like new too. whenever i try to open the settings option, a white screen about 'opera help' appears.

slimjimz81, sorry i have nothing on ds, i own sp (gba). my problem on sp is that the battery in the carts always fail to save my games, so, to remedy this, i don't remove the cart from gba, untill satisfied that i finished the game. (i think the power from gba enables the memory to be properly saved. i think there's a minute power in the gba (enough for game saves) even if it won't power up (off state or indicating battery drain). or there's some style of memory management i can't understand. (now, i really hope i didn't sounded stupid... he he.) several times, i already changed the battery in the carts. i can't check the level of power in the battery replacements so i have inconsistent incorruptible saves, even if the battery is new from the store. don't know if i installed the batteries incorrectly.) i think ds can save game progress more efficiently.

also, hi to Curley5959, FaRRer, thebobevil and Hadrian...

Let's all have a good day now (here, it's actually three in the morning) :-)

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:

Posts merged

@ slimjimz81 : get an Acekard 2 ... you'll get more for your money, than you would with buying an over-priced replacement R4 ...
'Cart' puts it in the same category as a normal DS game, doesn't it?
Also, I was just pointing out that vidgamfan's user info said that he had zero posts. I wasn't highlighting the fact that he's a newbie (which he's probably not).

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slim you have an EZV?? Thats pretty much all you need bud. I've been using mine since they came out and no problems at all. Sure there are carts with SDHC and different more advanced options but you really don't need them to do most normal things like play games or homebrew.
If you want to save some money I'd spend some time trying to figure out how to get it to save.

By the way, the EZV save works like this. I play a NDS backup game (lalala), I turn my ds off. The save is STILL NOT SAVED INTO THE MICRO SD AT THIS POINT. I turn it on and select a new game. When a new game is accessed the EZV backs up the previous save and loads the save for your new game.

SOO here is what not to do so you don't confuse yourself. DON'T expect to play a game, turn off the DS and insert a new MicroSD and still have the save on your previously inserted SD. Because like I said...the save backs up when you load a new game. Hope I could help you abit.

Might want to upgrade to the newest Kernel and junk as well =) surf over to the EZflash boards for all that information.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, welcome to everyone! I'm not so new here anymore but I hope you all have as much fun here as I've been having
smile.gif

Listen, guys n' gals, if you want advice on Flash Cards then go back to GBAtemp.net (in the forums) scroll down to the DS subsection and look around. Also, I suggest you check out the very top of this page, where it says "Reviews" Read a few of the options there and try to get an idea of what you want.

slimjimz81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PBC said:
Slim you have an EZV?? Thats pretty much all you need bud. I've been using mine since they came out and no problems at all. Sure there are carts with SDHC and different more advanced options but you really don't need them to do most normal things like play games or homebrew.
If you want to save some money I'd spend some time trying to figure out how to get it to save.

By the way, the EZV save works like this. I play a NDS backup game (lalala), I turn my ds off. The save is STILL NOT SAVED INTO THE MICRO SD AT THIS POINT. I turn it on and select a new game. When a new game is accessed the EZV backs up the previous save and loads the save for your new game.

SOO here is what not to do so you don't confuse yourself. DON'T expect to play a game, turn off the DS and insert a new MicroSD and still have the save on your previously inserted SD. Because like I said...the save backs up when you load a new game. Hope I could help you abit.

Might want to upgrade to the newest Kernel and junk as well =) surf over to the EZflash boards for all that information.

well i hav a 3n1i was jst reading what was on the card but i ended up ordering the acekard2 from realhotstuff since dealexterme were sold out so thanks guys fpr the advice

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
slimjimz81 said:
PBC said:

well i hav a 3n1i was jst reading what was on the card but i ended up ordering the acekard2 from realhotstuff since dealexterme were sold out so thanks guys fpr the advice

Ohh I see =) Well welcome to the board! 3-1 is fun...I've had the same GBA pack of NES roms on it since I got mine when they first came out. I never owned a GBA and haven't gone back in time to see what they could offer. hope your acekard2 works well for you!

S

ScuberSteve

FaRReR said:
thebobevil said:

Posts merged

'Cart' puts it in the same category as a normal DS game, doesn't it?
Also, I was just pointing out that vidgamfan's user info said that he had zero posts. I wasn't highlighting the fact that he's a newbie (which he's probably not).
*INSERT FLAME HERE*
It's still cart, and not a modchip, since physically, it is a cart (or card if you prefer).
The only publically released modchips for DS effect the buttons when running GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum