What's the WORST starter Pokemon EVER!!

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From a tactical view Snivy is pretty bad. I'm on 4th gym (my game arrived late) and that flying squirrel thing keeps killing grass with aerial ace.

Turtwig turned out to be great endgame. Very diverse move pool.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
I never liked Chickorita. It was horribly weak and puny. As mentioned Bulbasuar totally overpasses it in every way. That is pretty much all I hate. The other starters are decent and good as well as their last stages. Meganium.... not so much. Only good thing about it is that its good on Sunny Day teams and Baton Pass/Reflect/Light Screen teams. Venasuar can do that and more though.

Venusaur just got that lovely Poison secondary type which opened it up to the most powerful type of Pokemon for its generation, Psychic. And it's still mega vulnerable to Psychics since they're pretty damn fast and Venusaur is relatively slow. Meganium also had a better defense stat and didn't get a bad secondary type (well, it got no secondary type).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starter wise, It would have to be Chikorita. Never caught on with me.

Most of the other starters I liked. As a rule, I always play through on a water starter, then move to fire and grass. Then if I have any sanity left, I make a run with my starter in box one (It never leaves hahaha).

My most favourite pokemon has to be Hitmonchan, the most versitile pokemon as of gen IV.
wink.gif

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1st Gen for me: Charmander>Bulbasaur>Squirtle (although Blastoise was more useful in the end than Venusaur)
2nd Gen: Totodile>Cyndaquil>Chikorita - I liked all 3 actually! Again though Meganuim was next to useless when it mattered
3rd: Mudkip>Fire un lol, soz yed's gone!>Treeko - x4 weakness to grass (but who uses them?) but otherwise Swampert is a beast! Ditto Blaziken - fast as fook!
4th: Turtwig>Chimchar>Piplup - Don't rate Empoleon, Infernape's right up there with a Blaziken, Torterra prolly the best starter of them all imo!
5th: Only tried Oshawatt, my two kids have the other 2, not gonna pass judgement here....

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
I can't believe all the hate against Tepig. I believe his evolved form has one of the highest states of all starters.
I cant believe it either

his full evolved form looks the best also and besides being the only double type of the 3

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Westside said:
I can't believe all the hate against Tepig. I believe his evolved form has one of the highest states of all starters.
I cant believe it either

his full evolved form looks the best also and besides being the only double type of the 3
The reason I didn't pick him was because of his final form, him and Tsutarja's (Snivy)

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assure you piplup does suck but the worst starter ever is treeko. it is just so stupid and sucky. there are few pokemon worse than that.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tatripp said:
I assure you piplup does suck but the worst starter ever is treeko. it is just so stupid and sucky. there are few pokemon worse than that.
Actually they don't suck, stat-wise they are both pretty good.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
tatripp said:
i disagree, about treecko, i like him. especially the leaf in his mouth.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i tired of this... since generation III, all fire starters become a fire/fight..... damm isnt enough already???.... i think due the style and look of oshawott family... water/fight is more the fair and... more cool than fire/fight ¬¬

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps