Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
supermodchips said:
I can list half a dozen fantasy series that you would like:

- Inherittance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest,...)
- Night Angel Trilogy (Way of Shadows, Shadows Edge....)
- The Edge Chronicles (Back to the Deepwods, Stormchaser, Midnight Over Sanctaphrax...)
- Rangers Apprentice (Riuns of Gorlan, Burning Brige...)
- Keys to the Kingdom (Mister Monday, Grim Tuesday, Drowned Wednesday...)
- Deltora Quest (Childish but quick and easy to read)

Thanks for this post!
I'm now midway in Eragon, and I'm indeed loving it.
Very good book, started a bit slow, but now I'm absolutely hooked on it.
To anyone who liked Harry Potter, read this one and the Darren Shan saga.

Geez, if you thought Eragon slow then I can't reccommend much fantasy.
tongue.gif
Most fantasy (That isn't adolescent) is extremely slow; that's the whole appeal of it, you get to see characters build for a long period of time (Wheel of Time, the series I'm reading at the moment, is 12 books each about 1000 pages in length.)
biggrin.gif

Those suggested are great though, I read them a lot when I was younger. Keys to the Kingdom is suited probably for 12 year olds, Deltora Quest 10 year olds, Inheritance I started reading when I was 13, but those are all based on my reading habits which I admit are a bit
blink.gif

For those interested I am currently reading:
Dragonfly Falling by Adrian Tchaikovsky. It's the second one in a fantasy series that revolves around a guy called Stenwold Maker. Stenwold is a Beetle-kinden. Beetle and Ant-kinden used to be slaves to the Elder Races, the Mantis-kinden (Who are pretty much Terminators in fantasy. They can take on about 100 guys and live. Very overpowered.) and the Moth-kinden (Who are the magicians, essentially.) Then the Beetles and the Ants started to create machines, which the Mantis, Moth and other kinden (There are also Spider, Dragonfly, Scorpion, and a few more..) and they rose up and overthrew the Mantis and Moths. Now they live in an unsteady peace with them, but no real alliance. The Ant city-states fight between one-another, until a new race becomes present.. Wasp-kinden. Their Empire has risen in the West, and is starting to encroach on the Lowlands (The area where the Beetles and Ants live.) Stenwold is trying to convince the scholars of Collegium of the danger, but they scoff at him.

Pretty standard fantasy fair, but worth a read if you enjoy that sort of stuff. The addition of "kinden" whilst them all being human also adds a bit of spice that most standard fantasy lacks.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austin. Odd book, but it has enough Zombies in it to keep me happy. More when I've finished the book.

Just finished:
The Dice Man by Luke Rheinhart. About a psychiatrist who decides to let dicerolls make his every decision. Not a children's book; there are a lot of graphic sexual acts. Very interesting concept; Rheinhart argues that everyone has within themselves millions of selfs, however these selfs never get to express themselves because society tells us not to. For example, deep within you there's a self that wants to get in bed with that hot person you see walking down the street. You suppress this self. Rheinhart is trying to "destroy all sense of self." Even the auto-biography is the act of a diceroll. Definitely worth a read if you're older than about 17.

Mr. Awesome/Wack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....." you know those things that are made out of paper"....lol hahah....The last book I read? relentless tho I don't remember the author.

D

Deleted-119707

wow, its been ages haha. i guess the last i read was steven gerrards autobiography when it came out. and it was a loooong time ago XD

jurassicbond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last book I finished was The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang. Currently I'm reading The Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie.

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last book I read left me sad and disappointed.
I know it's a kids novel, but Guardians of Gahoole's last book in the series, the writer
killed off my favorite owl, Coryn.

But currently I am rereading A Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't remember the last book I read of my own will. I think being forced to read certain books in certain arbitrary "levels" each being certain arbitrary "points" to get a certain arbitrary grade ruined reading for me. Even now in high school where they don't use that system they ruin it by needed a book to have at least a certain arbitrary number of pages.

The last book somebody told me to read was A Briefer History of Time by Stephen Hawking. Actually kind of interesting, he explains amazingly complicated things in a language I can understand.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I'm currently reading some books, so let's see.
Dan Brown's Lost Symbol, Takeshi Matsuoko's (i think) Autumn Bridge, Tolkien's the Lord of the Rings (for app. the 20th time) and David Gibbins - Atlantis.
Before this I've read Harris - Silence of the Lambs, Kings the Green Mile and Matsuoko's Cloud of Sparrows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F