What's the last book you've read?

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
I can list half a dozen fantasy series that you would like:

- Inherittance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest,...)
- Night Angel Trilogy (Way of Shadows, Shadows Edge....)
- The Edge Chronicles (Back to the Deepwods, Stormchaser, Midnight Over Sanctaphrax...)
- Rangers Apprentice (Riuns of Gorlan, Burning Brige...)
- Keys to the Kingdom (Mister Monday, Grim Tuesday, Drowned Wednesday...)
- Deltora Quest (Childish but quick and easy to read)

eyePop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After watching the film Finding Neverland about a week ago, i was inspired to read the story of Peter Pan. So i went out to Dymocks immediately and bought J.M Barries Peter Pan. Loved it AWESOME book !

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
The first half of the Count of Monte Cristo. Wonderful book, but because of other events in my life it got pushed to the side for the time being.

I wish I could be reading Ace Gunman's Big Book of Puns right now, but he doesn't seem to have written it yet
unsure.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
Ace Gunman said:
The first half of the Count of Monte Cristo. Wonderful book, but because of other events in my life it got pushed to the side for the time being.

I wish I could be reading Ace Gunman's Big Book of Puns right now, but he doesn't seem to have written it yet
unsure.gif
I'm too busy handing out pun-ishments! Wokka wokka wokka.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The Reality Dysfunction, by Peter F. Hamilton. In theory, it's the first part of the Night's Dawn trilogy, but the whole trilogy is one big novel and the only reason it was chopped up in parts is that the first book alone has roughly 1200 pages. That flew by like a 200-page book, so fluid and interesting is the narration. I've also read his Commonwealth saga (a mere thousand pages) prior to this, and I recommend it heartily.

T

tal32123

blow by 50 cent i think, it was good. didn't think he'd have it in him to write a decent book.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i have just enough ADD to mess with my reading ability, but not enough to get me good drugs (i lie, i haven't checked on that, but it's not debilitating enough for me to check
tongue.gif
), so "reading" doesn't happen a lot in my life. With that said, i think the last Harry Potter book was the last book i've read... and that was w/in the first few days of release -.-;;

Next best thing, audio books. Love them. They get me through my work day. Well, audio books & podcasts.
Recently, i've been on a huge Palahniuk kick. Well, not HUGE, but the last one to which i listened was Fight Club. Very interesting changes from the movie. A lot darker. Before that, i listened to Haunted. Wow. That is one messed up book. Loved it!

(and prior to that, i was on a classic Sci-Fi run. Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow and Snow Crash were all enjoyed. Honestly, audio books work wonderfully, because i can now fill in my literary gaps w/out struggling about not being able to keep my attention on printed word. Luckily i have a job that allows headphones
wink.gif
)

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
Either Fahrenheit 451 for my summer reading project last year or Eldest were the last books I really read out of my own will... I can't remember, but I'm going to read Brisingr soon and I have to read Mythology for this summer reading project even though I generally hate reading books.

Unless you count what I'm reading in class which is The Giver.

I had to read Farenheit 451 in school it was some project. That book is so boring. I hate all of his books they are so boring well most. I also read The Martian Chronicles and it was alright only read half of it cause then it got boring. I hate Ray Bradbury!!

The last thing I read out of a paper was the newspaper.

G

GentleFist

Sunrise, the title is english the book is german~~ LOL

it wasnt bad though, especially cause of the surprise ending^^
the author is Michael Koehlmeier

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two books from "The Raistlin Chronicles"......SoulForge and Brothers in Arms....I don't believe the 3rd book has come out in the series yet, or if it has, I haven't found it yet. They are based on the D&D world and relate to the Dragonlance Chronicles/Legends series of books where Raistlin (the evil wizard) and his brother Caramon (good-natured, but powerful warrior) were major characters. They make for great stories, even if they are kinda poorly written.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.