What's the Diff. between Microsoft Games for windows Live andMicrosoft Games for windows Live redistributable?

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
Ive been playing resident evil 5 and the Microsoft Games for windows live thing popped up.
Then i check my Programs and features and i got 2 Mcrosoft Games for windows live but the other one has Redistributable,

Can i remove both or just one to play resident evil 5?
[I LOVE MY DISK SPACE]

Solution
Redistributable packages are packages made by Microsoft that they allow to be copied and shared anywhere on the internet. Most of Microsoft's software package installers usually start as a small filesize and download required files upon the user installing them. These redistributable packs make it easier on people who don't have access to the internet all the time, or want the installers for archiving purposes.

What your add/remove programs is showing you is that you've installed the redistributable package and are running a current version of the program. The smaller of the two files is the actual executable. I don't recommend you uninstall either one if you want to continue using Games for Windows Live.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redistributable packages are packages made by Microsoft that they allow to be copied and shared anywhere on the internet. Most of Microsoft's software package installers usually start as a small filesize and download required files upon the user installing them. These redistributable packs make it easier on people who don't have access to the internet all the time, or want the installers for archiving purposes.

What your add/remove programs is showing you is that you've installed the redistributable package and are running a current version of the program. The smaller of the two files is the actual executable. I don't recommend you uninstall either one if you want to continue using Games for Windows Live.

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom