Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I need a slot 2 card specifically to run the dbbdxsav homebrew (since it needs to access the actual DBBDX game in slot 1) and I want a good one that won't cost me too much money. What should I get?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't use retail game with a slot 2 flashcard. You need you use a slot 1 flash card with patched rom to use slot 2 flash card (doesn't matter what slot 2). Retail game only works with genuine GBA cartridge.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
You can't use retail game with a slot 2 flashcard. You need you use a slot 1 flash card with patched rom to use slot 2 flash card (doesn't matter what slot 2). Retail game only works with genuine GBA cartridge.

Uh, what are you talking about? I know multiple people who have used this game with this homebrew. The point of the homebrew is to extract the save file from Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (J), and it exists because normal save-ripping tools fail to properly rip the save of this particular game.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
Erm.. can I get an answer?
If you can find one, the EZ-Flash IV is good. There rather pricey, around $50. You could also try to find a SuperCard SD, but I don't know how much that would cost.

carllevy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey there, wouldn't mind some advice either.. i've got a cyclods and love it, been thinking lately of getting a slot 2 card to play gba games. research suggests i should pick up an EZ-Flash V, any further recommendations would be good. although i wouldn't mind getting one with an sd card aswell so i can keep ds and gba games seperate, but that's not a priority. cheers!

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, the "best" Slot-2 cart (cards go into Slot-1) would be the M3 Perfect series, but it is hard to find nowadays and not really cheap. Therefore, you likely have to stick with the second best, which is either the Supercard (better DS performance IIRC) or the EZ-Flash IV, as others have suggested (better GBA performance). Trumpet's comment was directed at the linking features of games like Pokémon, which you are not talking about, but that is pretty much the primary reason to use both slots nowadays.

Carllevy, as a GBA expansion pack the EZ-Flash V 3in1 is the best choice for all non-M3 cards. It features (optional) native integration with all major Slot-1 devices (as well as Moonshell2 integration using the ExpLoader extlink by Rudolph), and the RAM is enough for most applications - there are very few ROM images that have to be flashed to the NOR Flash at all, as most ones do not exceed the RAM of the 3in1. The M3 pack has some extra features, but they are not (or difficultly) available on non-M3 devices.

carllevy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, had heard the M3 Perfect was awesome, but have hunted the net and had a tough time finding anywhere to purchase one. EZ-Flash V it is then I reckon.. cheers Fat D!

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Rubedo said:
Erm.. can I get an answer?
If you can find one, the EZ-Flash IV is good. There rather pricey, around $50. You could also try to find a SuperCard SD, but I don't know how much that would cost.

Ezflash IV for 50? I Bought 2 within the last few months for a little more than $20 each.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
Well, the "best" Slot-2 cart (cards go into Slot-1) would be the M3 Perfect series, but it is hard to find nowadays and not really cheap. Therefore, you likely have to stick with the second best, which is either the Supercard (better DS performance IIRC) or the EZ-Flash IV, as others have suggested (better GBA performance). Trumpet's comment was directed at the linking features of games like Pokémon, which you are not talking about, but that is pretty much the primary reason to use both slots nowadays.

Carllevy, as a GBA expansion pack the EZ-Flash V 3in1 is the best choice for all non-M3 cards. It features (optional) native integration with all major Slot-1 devices (as well as Moonshell2 integration using the ExpLoader extlink by Rudolph), and the RAM is enough for most applications - there are very few ROM images that have to be flashed to the NOR Flash at all, as most ones do not exceed the RAM of the 3in1. The M3 pack has some extra features, but they are not (or difficultly) available on non-M3 devices.

I had heard the 3-in-1 didn't work well with Homebrew. Is that not true? If I could use the 3-in-1, that'd be fantastic since I have a CycloDS which works well with the 3-in-1. Basically, like I said, the main reason I'm even getting a slot 2 card is for a single homebrew to rip a special 8 MB save from Daigasso Band Brothers DX (J), so if I could also have the rumble, RAM and GBA functionality available thanks to the 3-in-1, it'd be a fantastic choice, but are you sure it will work? Also, it fits in the DS Phat right?

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
As you can see, it's a matter of the amount of time you are willing to burn for it, as much as money, Naturally I would stick with old3in1+AK2.1, M3 perfect is not supported by AKAIO AFAIK

edit: if you are intersted in DS Phat GBA flashcards, I'd pick M3 perfect, but you better check if AKAIO supports it, afaik it supports ewin and GBAMP along with 3in1

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chaosruler said:
As you can see, it's a matter of the amount of time you are willing to burn for it, as much as money, Naturally I would stick with old3in1+AK2.1, M3 perfect is not supported by AKAIO AFAIK

edit: if you are intersted in DS Phat GBA flashcards, I'd pick M3 perfect, but you better check if AKAIO supports it, afaik it supports ewin and GBAMP along with 3in1

Er... What does all of that mean? Sorry for sounding like a noob but all I've ever really know about flash carts is my CycloDS >_>

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please, someone help me...
Also uh... What if I got an EZ 3-in-1 and tried to use the NDS Backup Tool for that? How does it backup the save data exactly? Cause I know that it doesn't have enough space to hold the entire 8MB save file of DBBDX.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After reading the thread,if your willing to spend the cash,go ahead and buy the 3in1 for Phats.

Homebrew works fine on it.From what I know,it just rips the save from the cart,then stores it in its RAM/memory.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
After reading the thread,if your willing to spend the cash,go ahead and buy the 3in1 for Phats.

Homebrew works fine on it.From what I know,it just rips the save from the cart,then stores it in its RAM/memory.

But doesn't it only have like 500Mbit or something memory? The save file is 8 MB...

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, I'm thinking about maybe getting a normal slot 2 flash cart that can run Wood (that's the best firmware, right?) instead of the 3-in-1 since Team Cyclops doesn't seem to want to work very hard on the CycloDS anymore...

So, if I were to do that, which is the best to get? Also do I have to flash my DS for a slot 2 cart or is that a relic of the past?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but,the 3in1 has 16MB of memory.Either way 500mbit is ~62 megabyte so...

No slot 2 flash cart can run Wood,since they run GBA games :wtf:. Exception of Supercard and the cyclo one of course.

Only R4,R4iGold,and AKRPG can run Wood properly.

Flashing your DS isn't needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi