Hacking What's the best Micro SD Card for R4?

betaboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm looking for a faster Micro SD card for my R4 as the Sandisk 1GB card (regular, made in Taiwan version) locks up in Castlevania POR.
Can anyone recommend a 1GB or above card that works with C POR along with an online retailer in the UK?
I was thinking of maybe a Sandisk Ultra II or Kingston (of some flavour) but I'm open to suggestions.
Cheers
grog.gif

Danieluz

Trophies
XP
Country
Sandisk 1gb locks up in castlevania? I mean.. the game is unplayable? Sorry to ask... but I don't really understand what means "to lock up" =X
I got a sandisk 1gb myself but I didn't yet recieved my R4 so I don't know how it plays...

betaboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By 'lock-up' I mean the game either 'freezes' or 'crashes' (games stops and you have to power the DS off then on again). It's only a couple of games - everthing else works fine, so it's not really that much of a problem if you've already bought a Sandisk (unless you want to play Castlevania: POR!).

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest.. your best bet would to be just to

1. BUY PoR and use any microSD to play all the many compatible games.

2. Wait for some sort of firmware fix.

Blightfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I'm considering to get a R4DS to replace my SCDS1... Just would like to know if there are options to set the speed at which the sd card runs at or does the firmware take care of that automactically... because with my SCDS1 if the speed setting is wrong I can get crashes all over the place. I'm also using a 1gb japanese kingston

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingston 1gb made in japan. all reports say it works flawlessly with all roms on the r4 and from what i can see in the benchmarks it's got the fastest random access time of any other card tested.

http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/kingston...ro-sd-card.html

got a pretty sweet deal on it here with fast shipping for $16.00 and it's made in japan (i made sure to request that it's made in japan in the additional information box when ordering) so i'm pretty sure all theirs are made in Japan.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I'm considering to get a R4DS to replace my SCDS1... Just would like to know if there are options to set the speed at which the sd card runs at or does the firmware take care of that automactically... because with my SCDS1 if the speed setting is wrong I can get crashes all over the place. I'm also using a 1gb japanese kingston

Your going to either ask or make the topic in the SCDS section as this section is for R4 only.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, my belief is that everyone who says Kingston is wrong. The best is probably Kingmax. They don't OEM flash memory. They make it themselves. May not be as easy to find or as cheap but I haven't had a single problem yet and I have had my M3 DS Simply since Jan. 3rd. Castlevania on my cart has no slowdowns, no freezing. Kingmax is definitely the best. All their cards are 66x except the SDHC cards which are 133x

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there might be a micro sd card that preforms the same as the kingston you mentioned in the second post thats basically what everyone is asking no need to get your vagina all in a knot

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

No, there's no messing around with speed settings on R4. It's all handled automatically by the R4. With your Kingston (Japan) TF you will be able to play every rom
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: