What's more scary?

What's a scarier thought? Death or Existing Forever?

• Death

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Immortality

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mfpants50

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when you've done everything there is to do, saw everything these is to see? Eventually, everything else will die and you will be left alone for eternity.

Death is a much better option.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well here it comes:

Original
QUOTE said:
Kies uw favoriete dood. In de jongste editie van New Scientist leggen wetenschappers nu eindelijk eens goed uit hoe het is om dood te gaan. Wat er door je heen gaat en welke dood eigenlijk best leuk is. Kijk, dat is nou eens een onderzoek! Een overzichtje dan maar.

Verdrinken: Het water voelt branderig aan de longen, maar na de eerste onderwaterpaniek volgt er een kalmte en rust.

Hartaanval: keiveel pijn op de borst en het licht gaat uit door zuurstofgebrek in de hersenen.

Bloedverlies: leeg gevoel, dorst, duizeligheid, geen pijn op zich.

Elektrocutie : hangt van je hart af. Meestal instant death maar soms ook gewoon pijn vanwege kokende hersenen.

Verhanging: niet pijnlijk mits goed uitgevoerd, dood binnen tien seconden. Bij slechte uitvoering extreme pijnen en langdurig lijden.

Vuurdood: Een ware martelgang. De pijn duurt zolang de zenuwen nog niet kapot zijn. Daarna blijft het pijn doen, maar ietsie minder.

Doodvallen: Nee, je bent niet dood voor je de grond raakt, dat is onzin. Je voelt soms de tijd vertragen. Tip: je voeten en benen zijn de kreukelzone, altijd met de voetjes naar beneden vallen dus.

En dan de klapper:

Onthoofding: Je hersenen blijven nog 30 seconden werken. Met andere woorden: je blijft 30 seconden gewoon alles zien. Wetenschappers bedankt! Ook namens onze lezers, die nu plotseling een stuk specifieker hun doodsverwensingen kunnen adresseren...
http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/1056681.html#comments

Translated
QUOTEChoose your favourite death

In the youngest edition of new scientist scientist clearly explain how it is to die. What goes thru your body and which death is actually pretty fun. This is what you call a research! A little summary:

Drowning: The water feels asif it is burning your longs, but after the first panic attack it results into piecefullness and rest.

Hart attack: A hell lot of pains in the chest and your lights go out due a shortage of oxegine to the brains.

Bloodloss: An empty feeling, thursty, anxius, relativley no pain

Electricution: Depends on your heart. Most of the times instant death but sometimes it also brings pain due to boiling brains

Hanging: Not painfull IF this is done correctley, death within 10 seconds. When executed porley extreme pain and long death.

Fire Death: A true torture. The pain last untill all your nerves are broken. After that it keeps on hurting, but a little less.

Death due a Fall: No, your not dead when you hit the floor, that is bullshit. You sometimes feel asif time is slowing. TIP: Your feet and legs are your saftey zone, always legs and feet down.

And last but not least

Decapitation: Your bains are still active for 30 seconds. Simply said: You see, feel and can register everything for 30 seconds...

scientist Thanks!

We can now think of which way we want to die
smile.gif

After reading this.... I will go with Immortality

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I won't quote that whole post up there because it's too long. That assumes you get murdered however, or commit suicide. Some (most?) people don't die horrible deaths.

I guess some of those could be accidents, but it just doesn't seem like a very common/likely way to get killed.

haohmaru6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aww cmon now guys, a little death never killed anybody!
biggrin.gif

I am reminded of a Star Trek quote:
"Everyone dies captain! It's just a question of when!"

Death is the preferable option, immortality would be too lonely. Besides, when you've completed the reasons you're living your life, which I believe that you're not aware of till after you die, then you're not going to learn very much living forever.
I like to look at life as like this circumstance that you pre-plan to go in and see how well you do with it, then finish up and choose another one, or find other things to do.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'd like to believe regarding life is that our souls are immortal and get recycled every time our physical bodies die. I'm also moderatly Russian Orthodox Christian which is another thing I wish was true and hopefully is.

On topic though, immortality is much scarier. Didn't scientists prove the brain can hold only a limited capacity? So what happens after you completely fill up your brain?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Living forever definately is scarier (depends on where you are going, if you know what I mean).

Death isn't that scary to me. If I'm going to die - so be it.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On topic though, immortality is much scarier. Didn't scientists prove the brain can hold only a limited capacity? So what happens after you completely fill up your brain?

Actually, your brain is constantly disconnecting unused synapses, erasing unused memories to make room for newer ones.

D

Deleted User

immortality is frickin scary. Just the thought that you had to be in prison for life would be scary. You would be tortured and never die...
cry.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Consciousness is the keyword on this "inmortality" thing. Basically, we atheists believe, that when you die, you turn into NOTHING, that lonely concept is truly difficult for a human mind to imagine. I fear death so much....

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As shaun said it would be amazing to see the human race advance into the future. But I think I'd rather die
tongue.gif
being immortal is living FOREVERRrrr. forever is a very long time

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Death is scarier because it is inevitable and can be sudden and without warning. Immortality, however, while I wouldn't call it scary would be absolutely horrible.

What happens when the earth is gone and you're just floating around in space? And even before that, what happens when you've lived a thousand years and are just tired and sick of it?

In regards to what VVoltz said though, I'm also an athiest and believe that your consciousness is obliterated when you die, but I don't find that to be particularly lonely or frightening. If anything it's comforting.

Non athiests must have some uncertainty about what happens after death. Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation? Will it be good, will it be bad? As long as I'm right about what happens I know exactly how it will be. 100% neutral. Not neutral as in dull or boring, because I won't have conscoiusness to experience it. There will be nothing bad to fear and no loneliness because I won't be there to be lonely.

So what scares me about death isn't so much the being dead, it's the fact that if it happens too soon, there will be a lot of people left, who love me and miss me, and I will not have accomplished what I wanted to during my only time on this earth, or anywhere for that matter.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Consciousness is the keyword on this "inmortality" thing. Basically, we atheists believe, that when you die, you turn into NOTHING, that lonely concept is truly difficult for a human mind to imagine. I fear death so much....

That's not necessarily true, please do not speak for all atheists.

I didn't know atheists could believe in an afterlife? Or do you mean you're not scared of death? Sorry I'm probably confused. Death is scary..I saw my grandfather die and the look of terror on his face is one of the worst thing I've ever seen. Still better than living forever though I reckon.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
immortality is a lot scarier than death..
imagine living longer than anyone you know or love
emotions that make us human would fade because we wouldnt see any use for them
why go through heartbreak whenever someone you love dies?
to be honest, im slightly less afraid of dying than the average person(not to say im not scared shitless) because i believe that theres something after my death that would make it all worth while.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
when we live, death is not come. when death is come, we are not. (epicurus was it?)

but

NOTHING, that lonely concept is truly difficult for a human mind to imagine. I fear death so much....

i don't wanna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we live long enough, although out bodies will deteriore, the huge advancements in technology should revitalise us.

however if everyone becomes unable to die naturally (i think this is better put than immortality, because immortality you could fuck yourself up but still be alive), this can be a big problem. Solution, find new planets to populate (seems a natural course). if we can't migrate to new, theres gonna be some real fucked up situation where people will need to die for the planet to sustain. this will probably result in chaos killings around the earth.

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know what would really suck? Being discovered that you're immortal by a mad scientist. You would be kidnapped and experimented on forever.
frown.gif

Though I guess you could find a cure for AIDs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*